Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timber - sawmills?

Options
  • 02-01-2014 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,290 ✭✭✭✭

I want to buy a few lengths of timber, better quality than the whitewood the DIY shops sell but does not have to be the expensive hardwoods. Dimensions are not critical and rough finish will be ok.

Sawmills seem to be hard to find on the internet, appears to be local knowledge, so I wonder if anyone can direct me to anywhere in the south-east, preferably Waterford?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Sawmills. Current Locality: Waterford (Waterford). McBride Brendan. Sawmills. Phone: 051396377. Address: Kill, WATERFORD, WATERFORD.

Known as Woodie...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

im sure morriss or heiton buckly could get you whatever good quality timber you are after

• Registered Users Posts: 28,290 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Max Powers wrote: »
    im sure morriss or heiton buckly could get you whatever good quality timber you are after

I haven't been to Heiton Buckly, but Morris's don't have what I am looking for and I really don't need enough for them to make a special order - and I would rather see what I am buying than place an order.

I did get timber (red deal) from Bunmahon Joinery, and it is beautiful quality and lovely to work with, but it is very expensive and is finer finished than I need.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

There's Trihy Sawmills in Grange down past Dungarvan. Don't have a phone no tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭IanVW

Pierce fencing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Heiton Buckley would be your best bet within the city ,Morris,s has very limited range in timber.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,290 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Thanks for all the info folks, Heiton Buckley seems to be off my radar, I never think of going there. I will check them out. I will investigate the other suppliers also, appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

You could try McMahons in six cross roads business park or the sawmill out in kill

Advertisement