Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveling to Ireland for 2 week trip

Options
  • 01-01-2014 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My husband and I are traveling to Ireland and Northern Ireland for a two week Honeymoon within the next week. We're both smokers. We had planned on getting some packs of our normal smokes to take with us (from the US) until I checked the limits on how much we could bring. 200 between the two of us :\ That's only 5 packs total and we smoke different brands. We typically go through a half pack a day, so between us, 5 packs would only last us the first week conservatively... toss in some nights at a local pub and that will add up even more so.

Our brands we typically smoke are Winston Reds and Camel Menthol Silvers. I'm aware that the cost of smokes over there is about double or so over there, but well... vacation is a vacation. And certainly don't want to quit cold turkey on our honeymoon - that would be a disaster.

Do these two brands exist over in Ireland or can you suggest something comparable? We'll be traveling quite a bit from Shannon, Clifden, Derry in Northern Ireland, Belfast, Dublin, Biir, Cork, and Killarney... Any info would be awesome!

Other brands which I'll smoke when my normal isn't available: Marlboro smooths, Camel Crush, in a pinch Kools - I prefer menthols.

We do have an e-cig that the husband uses... not sure what the regulations on those are when it comes to taking the juice cross international lines.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

You can Marlboro menthol over here or silk cut choice along with plenty others there is no shortage of menthol cigs over here but you might have a shortage of cash after you buy some 10.30 a box

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It's 200 each, not as a combined allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Have a great Honeymoon OP. Hope Ireland treats you well!

ps- Bring your own cigs they're way too expensive here!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but its pretty stormy over here nationwide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

With regards to e-cigarette regulations - you can bring liquids over, once they're within the allowable liquid quantity in the plastic baggie. Had no issues bringing them to and from Ireland, the Seychelles and Abu Dhabi recently :)

You can get plenty of menthol cigarettes over here, and marlboro smooths are available, too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I think you'll have no problem bringing all the fegs you need to get you through, provided you have paid the duty on them in the States. The restrictions will be on how many duty frees you can be sold. Buy a carton each, pop them in your luggage, then buy a further carton each at duty free. You'll be fine.

And have a wonderful wedding and honeymoon.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The restrictions will be on how many duty frees you can be sold.
    No, the duty free limit is on how many you can bring in, regardless of any taxes already on them outside Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

You can defo get winston red. One of the cheaper brands at €8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

Well i suppose now the question is, how was the honeymoon in the worst weather pattern Ireland has seen for a long time.

Hope you enjoyed the time here.

Advertisement