Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop too slow

Options
  • 01-01-2014 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭

My laptop is perfectly fine running on the internet when it is plugged in with the battery charger But when i disconnect the battery charger and try run the laptop wirelessly the internet is so slow and laggy. I need a solution

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

You might check the power settings, its possible for it to be set to run slower when on battery. Also check the usual: ccleaner,scandisk,defrag,startups. There may be BIOS settings too.

Post your OS version if you need more detail

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

It's probably set to high performance when plugged in and power saver when not. When it's unplugged, couch the battery icon and this should give you the power usage options

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭mobydopy

Whats the ideal power settings that i should set it on. (Like an example when it is plugged in and when its running on battery). My laptop is on windows 8, 64-bit operating system. When it is plugged in, the power setting is on 'balanced' and when i disconnect it the power setting is on 'power saver'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Do you need more than 2hrs from a full charge? If not I'd set the cpu performance on battery to high.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭mobydopy

i heard putting battery performance on high makes your computer's processor work much harder than it needs to and it will heat up faster. Is it safe. When i put the power settings on high when i disconnect the charger, the internet does run fast which is good but is it safe. is there any way or any settings i can do to put my laptop on balanced or power saver settings when running on battery but still make it run just as fast.

• Advertisement
Advertisement