Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't setup eircom email on samsung galaxy s4 mini

Options
  • 31-12-2013 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

When I go to set up my email I go to add an account go into pop3 and in there I don't know what to do with the ports and stuff can anyone tell me what they are for eircom or how to set it up if you could that would be great thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

When I go to set up my email I go to add an account go into pop3 and in there I don't know what to do with the ports and stuff can anyone tell me what they are for eircom or how to set it up if you could that would be great thanks

Mail server type: POP3
    Incoming mail server: webmail.eircom.net
    Outgoing mail server*: mail1.eircom.net

Standard ports are used

POP -110
    SMTP - 25

Note that you will need to use the SMTP server of whichever mobile provider you are using rather than eircom's one (unless you are on Meteor/eMobile) otherwise you wont be able to send email

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aaronsharkey

I am with tesco so what would I use for the smtp

• Registered Users Posts: 1 valentinab

Anyone who can help? Trying to set up existing eircom email on a samsug galaxy 3 tablet. It will only let me get as far as outgoing server page and then it says cannot cnnect to server for authentication. The email account is created onthe tablet and incoming email isbeing received but when you try to send an email its not going and staying in outbox. Have tried same thing on the home pc where original email was set up and it is receiving and sending mail. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

valentinab wrote: »
    Anyone who can help? Trying to set up existing eircom email on a samsug galaxy 3 tablet. It will only let me get as far as outgoing server page and then it says cannot cnnect to server for authentication. The email account is created onthe tablet and incoming email isbeing received but when you try to send an email its not going and staying in outbox. Have tried same thing on the home pc where original email was set up and it is receiving and sending mail. Thanks

Have the same problem. Did you get yours sorted out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

glossy wrote: »
    Have the same problem. Did you get yours sorted out

You need to use the outgoing smtp server of the provider you are using, this will change when you connect to various Wi-Fi networks

• Advertisement
Advertisement