Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo Ideapad z580 Internet Issues

Options
  • 31-12-2013 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

My brother bought one of these laptops, and it impressed me enough to purchase my own in June. I live in a bungalow, with the wireless modem located in the office in the front of the house, with my bedroom nearer the other end of the house. I can use the laptop online no problem, in areas close to the office. This is understandable. What I can't understand is that I cannot use the laptop in my bedroom to do even simple tasks, like go on Google, when it claims to have a 2 or 3 bar connection. My brother can go on Youtube on his laptop, the exact same model, with no difficulties. He's never had an issue, mine seems to be getting progressively worse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SUFC32

Does your brothers laptop's internet work in your bedroom?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TheFMGuru

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. He'd sit in the room and go on Youtube and have no issues for example, and if I attempted to use the internet in the same place it would either;

Give me 2 or 3 bars, but not connect
    Keep on dropping the connection, and even when it picks it up, doesn't actually 'connect' as such

Are you running Windows 7? If so, try this
    1) Press start and search 'Network Connections' and click on 'View network connections'
    2) Once you're onto here (http://gyazo.com/9bee10eb0f5e5bdf0b0425fd0008d840), right click on the connection you're trying to connect to and click properties
    3) On the 'Properties' window (http://gyazo.com/48e6ac3fb07884a0211afcd68230e9df), press configure
    4) In the configure menu, go to the 2nd tab 'Advanced', and disable 802.11 mode, then press ok
    5) Restart your PC and connect to the internet and it should work

I have Windows 8, will a similar method still apply?

I'd imagine it's the same thing that needs doing, I just don't have windows 8 so I can't help you with screenshots

• Advertisement

Also make sure that your internet drivers are updated to the latest versions

2fhr9g

This is what I'm getting for a configuration

Advertisement