Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Many classic saab owners

Options
  • 31-12-2013 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

hello , just wondering if there is many classic Saab owners out there that own a pre 1994 Saab or saabs , i myself currently have 7 and based in clare
    87 red two door flat front
    90 900 2 door (to be t16)
    84 4 door pale blue 900 gli
    87 bronze 4 door 900 flat front
    86 900 red 5 door turbo
    87 slope silver 5 door turbo
    82 900 silver 4 door turbo
    all need work
    so whats out there ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Took pic of RHD 900 Convertible but with US -spec red rear lights, and ORIGINAL IRISH 96

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Not many around, they were always a bit avant garde as an executive car. There's 3 or 4 parked up in a laneway in Rialto, no idea what the story with them is. I know of 3 parked up as the owner is in Australia, all original Irish, I tried to buy one of them off him but he wouldn't sell any, mice are taking over them from what I can see.

86 900 turbo
    88 900
    90 9000 with a very low Cork reg.

FWIW I've an 01 9-3, first owner was Ronnie Drew, I always think it's a pity the car can't talk. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Saabturbonut

thats a nice collection , love the early 9000's , what body shape is the 86 900 , i am always on the look out for rusted 900's to salvage parts

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭B2AUDI80

a car that seem to be getting scarce now the early saabs , just a few about up here in donegal aswell , i meet a turbo 900 on the road an odd time and it looks like a very good one , always liked the loo of them but never brought myself to buy one lol , think id treat myself to a 94/96 at some stage

bit of a drift , but this wee saab has been laying rotting in derry for as long as i can remember
    http://goo.gl/maps/SdrnN

Capri , thanks for those , that vert has an uber rare rear reflector panel,,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭500man

Would love a black 99 turbo

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

A friend of the family bought a new 900CD in Dublin in the '80s - they were a rare bus anywhere; I wouldn't be surprised if that was the only Irish one.

CDs are rare , the back door was slightly longer than. A standard one , worth a lot now if he still has it

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭B2AUDI80

this was sold back in the summer in the north , was a decent project too , regret not making an offer on it myself :o

lj2c1yil.jpg

Looks fairly alright , always love to own a 99 turbo and prices are on the rise

• Advertisement

thats a nice collection , love the early 9000's , what body shape is the 86 900 , i am always on the look out for rusted 900's to salvage parts

Both 900's are 3 door, one black, one anthracite but I think it's a custom job from the early 90's. They are rotting away, mice all over them, it's a shame really.

Looks fairly alright , always love to own a 99 turbo and prices are on the rise

All SAAB 99's and pre 1994 900's are steady or rising if they are in good nick. have been for some time.

Red kev , are you breaking any or are they going to be restored

Hi Saabtrubo... As I said they're not mine, they belong to someone who went to Oz about 2 years ago and he's left them in a shed, I tried to buy one off him but he isn't selling. They were in good - very good condition about 4 years ago, weren't driven since then and they're overrun with mice on the inside and cats and hens on the outside at the moment. It's sad as they are deteriorating all the time.

I've tried several times to get one or all three off him, even said I'd cover them and look after them but no go. I'll let you know if the situation changes.

he has about 16 or 17 80's/early 90's cars and vans, all going to rot bit by bit. Seriously annoying.

ya i know the feeling , fella down here has a field full of old cars including an 80's Audi quattro coupe lying in a hedge for past few years won't sell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

I've a '94 9000 if anyone is interested. Located in Kildare. PM if interested.

Advertisement