Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RCSI

Options
  • 31-12-2013 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Is RCSI a private university or a public one?
    Can't seem to find the answer on its website :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I don't know exactly what you mean by public/private to be honest. But if you qualify for the free fees scheme then you don't have to pay tuition fees which isn't the case for many of the private colleges. So yeah it's like any other Uni or IT. It has a large number of international students that generally pay massive fees so that's often a source of confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭TooMuchStudy

fewtins wrote: »
    I don't know exactly what you mean by public/private to be honest. But if you qualify for the free fees scheme then you don't have to pay tuition fees which isn't the case for many of the private colleges. So yeah it's like any other Uni or IT. It has a large number of international students that generally pay massive fees so that's often a source of confusion.

Yeah I think thats the confusion, I always thought you'd have to pay more then the 2750 to get into RCSI, so thats not the case is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yeah I think thats the confusion, I always thought you'd have to pay more then the 2750 to get into RCSI, so thats not the case is it?

No, Irish students who qualify for free fees just pay the student contribution and other little fees like USI. So yeah about €2,750.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭TooMuchStudy

fewtins wrote: »
    No, Irish students who qualify for free fees just pay the student contribution and other little fees like USI. So yeah about €2,750.

Oh thats great, thanks for making the clearer for me!

Advertisement