Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any recent PC games that have demo's with benchmarks ?

Options
  • 31-12-2013 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Just got a new PC and other then the synthetic tests, I wanted to see how some actual games ran. I'm not into FPS but id like to see how well my new rig can run BF4 on ultra, but alas there is no demo, so I was wondering if there are any other recent PC games that include benchmarks ?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I don't know if demos have 'benchmark' utilities in them.
    However you might be able to download some demos of recent games and use the 'console' to show your FPS, else download FRAPS and use that.

Alternatively you could look into getting 3DMARK http://www.futuremark.com/benchmarks/3dmark/all , software which is specifically designed to benchmark graphics etc.
    I think there's a free download on there site.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,323 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I was using Batman Arkham Origins to test my new non gaming laptop which has a benchmark on it and it is able to play B:AO at 25 fps on average which isn't bad so I'll be able to play older games
    fraps gives you an fps counter in the corner of your games and is very unobtrusive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Fraps also has a built in benchmarking option, so you can run that for a few minutes and it'll give you min, max and average framerate. Not too many games have built in benchmarks, only one that comes to mind is Company of Heroes 2 in terms of recent games.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

BF3 was pretty cheaply available on a Humble Bundle recently. Not sure if its still is. If you can run 3 on Utlra you should be able to run 4 on high etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I don't know if demos have 'benchmark' utilities in them.

Theres a few, the demo's for the PC versions of Street Fighter 4 and Resident Evil 5 both have benchmarks, both of those are capcom games though.

Thanks for the link to 3D mark, I never knew it was free :), ive been using the Unigine Valley and Heaven benchmarks to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement