Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rag week 2014 dates

Options
  • 31-12-2013 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

Have the dates for rag week been decided yet for 2014?

Bunch of old timers planning on heading down for a day for old times sake (Before the bodies give in!)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

I reckon it'll be the 16th or 23rd Feb myself. It usually starts on the 2nd or 3rd Sunday night of the month. No dates will be announced for another two weeks, three at a push.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭kdogkeith

in my third year now and ive noticed that shag week is the week valentines day falls on and rag week tends to be the week after although if its the same as last year there might aswell not be one because it was an absolute disgrace

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,315 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Joe Duffy disgrace or Charlie Sheen disgrace?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭personaltrainer

rumour has it Martin Garrix is on the list....

A disgrace as in it was the same as any other week.
    Martin garrix??? Another DJ can we not get a few decent live bands or at least organise some events

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

kdogkeith wrote: »
    A disgrace as in it was the same as any other week.
    Martin garrix??? Another DJ can we not get a few decent live bands or at least organise some events

Same as any other week? Clearly you didn't go out for it so.
    If you find another week where any of the pubs are like that at 4 in the day then sign me up.

SV wrote: »
    Same as any other week? Clearly you didn't go out for it so.
    If you find another week where any of the pubs are like that at 4 in the day then sign me up.

If all the students decide to spend any other week drinking it would be the exact same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

If all the students decide to spend any other week drinking it would be the exact same

So basically it wasn't the same at all then. Right.

SV wrote: »
    So basically it wasn't the same at all then. Right.

My point is there was nothing organised just a date was agreed and everybody went drinking

I'd love to see how it is a disgrace. Every year there is some diversity, different events and acts for the nights and from what I've seen and known over the years...almost everybody has a brilliant time. There are some people who don't, but sure you'll get that.

The only way you would get anything remotely similar is on another RAG Week/similar somewhere else or on a stag do.

• Advertisement

entropi wrote: »
    I'd love to see how it is a disgrace. Every year there is some diversity, different events and acts for the nights and from what I've seen and known over the years...almost everybody has a brilliant time. There are some people who don't, but sure you'll get that.

The only way you would get anything remotely similar is on another RAG Week/similar somewhere else or on a stag do.

It's been good in the past but I just feel that last year was a huge let down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭rodge123

entropi wrote: »
    I reckon it'll be the 16th or 23rd Feb myself. It usually starts on the 2nd or 3rd Sunday night of the month. No dates will be announced for another two weeks, three at a push.

Can't seem to find any info confirming these dates yet.
    Has it been confirmed?

Maybe they are not officially advertising it this year after what happened last year?

Looks like I was right

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,315 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Line-up anyway:

6TMYtA.jpg

rodge123 wrote: »
    Can't seem to find any info confirming these dates yet.
    Has it been confirmed?

Maybe they are not officially advertising it this year after what happened last year?
    16th-20th for definite. Had a feeling it would be that week!
    Looks like I was right
    Aye, that makes two of us.

Lineup looks alright tbh.

Advertisement