Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Account password pop up

Options
  • 30-12-2013 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭

I have a Samsung Galaxy s2. The last few days I've been getting a pop up from my Samsung Account saying "To protect your account, you need to confirm password periodically. Confirm your password to continue using Samsung services." I've been ignoring it because it looks a bit dodgy, tbh. I can't get rid of it though! I ran AVG on my phone, all was clear. I went into Samsung account settings on my phone and entered the password there, that didn't work either. It seems to popup most when I use games or apps. Any way to get rid of it, and is it safe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Did you get this sorted? I upgraded firmware using kies and now it asking me for the same thing. I want to enter it as I want to download polaris office for free from the samsung app.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

I dealt with it for days and days without it going away, I eventually caved out of sheer annoyance and entered my password and that worked. I changed it first though just in case it was something dodgy, then changed it again. Wasn't too happy about the whole thing, I got no response from Samsung when I emailed them.

It does look a bit dodgy alright. I've changed my password, received the confirmation message, and it still keeps asking for the password. Annoying to say the least!

Thanks to the power of google I got this sorted.

Settings -> remove samsung account -> restart phone -> settings -> add samsung account -> went through forgot email process and this time it accepted the new password -> it went through a slow update -> had to add my name and now I can access Samsung apps again.

Downloaded polaris office and probably that's it! I've only a handful of apps. Alot of effort for just one app!

Advertisement