Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spare parts

Options
  • 30-12-2013 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

hey all,
    got an electric nitrotek truggy for christmas.

during assembly i broke one of the steering rod ends.
    i can order spares from the UK, however the part is 2Eur and shipping over 7!
    just wondering if there were any local shops which stocked spares?

dublin/drogheda area.

specifically these
    http://www.nitrotek.ie/steering-tie-rod-710.html

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

If you don't find anything local, ring them up and talk to them. Most UK suppliers/shops will put a small item in a regular envelope and send it by post.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭wendigo

cheers, spent an hour on the phone to the UK number today, they were not very helpful, only interested in the sale.
    sure ill hold off a while and see if i need any other parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

is it 1/8 or 1/10th scale?

The Doktor wrote: »
    is it 1/8 or 1/10th scale?

Its 1/10th, an electric truggy.

wendigo wrote: »
    Its 1/10th, an electric truggy.

cool, measure the diameter of the metal turnbuckle thread and the diameter of the metal ball the cup sits on. You don't need a nitrotek one, just one with the same dimensions.
    Let me know what they are, I might have some to get u outta trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Another option may be Parcel Motel, via Belfast, depending on how much they want to ship to a UK address, they will bring it down to a local drop point for €3.50

Hope that helps

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

@The Doktor

the OD of the threaded rod is 3mm

the ball is 6/7mm
    bit hard to get an accurate reading on the ball, i only have a ruler at the moment.

the OD of the threaded rod is 3mm
    the ball is 6/7mm
    bit hard to get an accurate reading on the ball, i only have a ruler at the moment.

That sounds like a 1/8th ball cup (or shock on 1/10).
    I had a look at the manual for those cars. All you would need is a cup and a ball that will match up, you don't need to use a nitrotek one. Most ball cups will go on a 3mm thread

So your choice would be to get a pair locally (replace both left and right if you use a different type). Try MSD models (online, but based in Dublin). Or if you go along to the Dublin Model Car Club in The Naul, Im sure Id have bits to get you up and running.
    Theres practise on tomorrow night, I know ill be there. If you want to go along, let me know and ill bring my spares.

Hey thanks for the offer. Don't think I will be able to make it tonight.
    I'll check the club website for times and if you are around someday we could meet up.

Hey thanks for the offer. Don't think I will be able to make it tonight.
    I'll check the club website for times and if you are around someday we could meet up.

Sound as a pound... theres racing every sunday from 10am and practise every weds from 6. Give me a pm here if ur going to go over and ill have my spares box.

You might even have a race ;)

• Advertisement

yeah will do. thanks a mill.

hey,

thanks for the parts guys.
    have it all assembled, just need to figure out that issue with the controller.
    also seems to drive off on its own from time to time.

no problem at all, glad you got it sorted.
    Drop by some weds evening and we can take a look over it and see if we can make it work .
    Bring any documentation you have

yeah going to try and swing by this wed for a bit.

Advertisement