Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terms and conditions for unlocking phones

Options
  • 29-12-2013 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

In general, do pay as you go phones come restricted to a network until a credit limit has been reached? A friend suggested to me that these days most phones on pre-pay will have no kind of contract involved and you can switch networks straight off. He also said that if it was restricted, the salesperson is legally obliged to tell you so.

Specifically im wondering if this fishermans tale applies to a huawei y300 on meteor bought in the carphone warehouse the other day, but if someone could just give me an idea of the general trend that would be great.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You generally have to spend around €130 in credit in 6 months, AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

whiterebel wrote: »

Yep 130, but I think once you hit that you can get it unlocked , don't think there is s particular timeframe?

Also, alot of carphone warehouse phone aren't locked to the network, maybe throw another operators SIM in to check first.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

whiterebel wrote: »

6 months only applies to Vodafone iirc

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Davy wrote: »
    6 months only applies to Vodafone iirc

And Three.

Advertisement