Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C Section

Options
  • 29-12-2013 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

Hi ladies,

Anyone an idea on when a decision is made to go for a c section. I am 37 weeks on thursday and have appointment in hospital. Baby was breech at last visit. So just wondering if its still breech do they let you go to 40 weeks or do they decide to bring you in earlier.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

They'll likely make the decision next visit. Most hospitals like to do their elective sections prior to your due date.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Cool. It's my third pregnancy but first breech so have no idea what happens. I know they might offer to try turn baby but not sure if i would like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭SanFran07

Were you given any information on options for manually turning your baby (ECV) acupunture or hypnosis to encourage your baby to turn?

SanFran07 wrote: »
    Were you given any information on options for manually turning your baby (ECV) acupunture or hypnosis to encourage your baby to turn?

Not yet. I'm sure they will tell me my options on Thursday. I think my fear is opting for the ECV and then having to have an emergency section and just not been mentally ready.

Im probably stressing about nothing. On my first i had the epidural and on the second it was natural so was kind of hoping for that again. Also on the first (he is 18 today) there was no skin to skin like on the second one so also worried i won't get that with a section. Fingers crossed for Thursday :-)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I had an elective section 3 months ago and skin to skin was practised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

even after an emergency section they'll try to practise skin to skin where possible. I had to wait a tiny bit, but it was still within an hour of birth or so!

hope you'll be ok and babba decides to turn :)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

I had a an elective section on my last baby. Baby went into incubator while I was being stitched up. Then outside the delivery room she was placed beside me and i breastfed almost straight away and skin to skin for a couple of hours ;)

Thanks for all the info ladies. Baby is head down do i can relax now:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

rsl1976 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the info ladies. Baby is head down do i can relax now:-)

Great stuff! A weight off your mind I'd say - best of luck :)

Advertisement