Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prob a very stupid question on position..

Options
  • 29-12-2013 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

Excuse me for probably this stupid question.

But I have an essay due... The general question is 'your position on *insert philosopher* views on (whatever).. And preset your argument.

So basically, if I agree or not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

It sounds like you need to show you understand said philosophers writing.
    It might not matter if you say "I agree" or "dissagree". More that you inform the reader of your position(your standing or views) in relation to those ideas and philosophies.
    Sounds like a "What do you think of that idea and what is your basis for thinking that" type essay.
    It might not come down to agree or dissagree, you could possibly do both or none too lol

ps. you could think of preset as the foundation of your idea and position as where that foundation leads to, if that helps.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Excuse me for probably this stupid question.

But I have an essay due... The general question is 'your position on *insert philosopher* views on (whatever).. And preset your argument.

So basically, if I agree or not?

MOD CLOSING COMMENT:
    Please be advised that Philosophy is not a homework completion forum. On the other hand, if you have a philosophy or philosopher to discuss, you are welcome to do so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement