Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homemade hard cheese

Options
  • 29-12-2013 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

hi im looking for simple way of making soya milk based hard cheese, no fancy recipes, i no Old Macdonalds in carlow sell lots of ingredient but im in Gorey Wexford so if anyone knows of supplies around here great, im not a vegetarian just cant eat dairy product and as i cant buy i will have to make cheer for any reply's :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I noticed recently there are a couple of diary-free cheese recipe books up on amazon.co.uk. You could take a look inside the books (a feature on amazon) and get some ideas from a few recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭marinabannon

Thanks for last reply going to try Soya milk and lemons recipe i found, has anyone tried this will report later,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I look forward to hearing how it goes! I'm tempted to try making dairy-free cheese some time in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭spiralbound

I've had some luck with 'Artisan Vegan Cheese', but the recipes are definitely quite involved. Please do report back if you get good results with soya milk and lemon juice!

hi all made me cheese its been drying for 3 days now, the 3 lemons is to many next time i will lower to 1 and half, so as to reduce taste in cheese just tasted and unbelievably it starting to taste and smell like cheese, now i wanted it for pizza topping so today i got garlic salt and sprinkled all over it, normally i would just use salt every 3- 4days tonight its going on pizza......

Recipe i used
    2 ltr soy milk red label (aldi 90c tesco1.80 )
    1 1/2 lemon

squeeze lemon in cup top up with boiling water.
    heat milk to when it starts bubbling turn off heat
    tip 1/3 lemon from cup into milk stir cover leave 5 min
    tip half of lemon into milk stir cover leave 5 min
    tip rest of lemon mix in cover leave 30+ min till curds are formed
    drain i use clean old t-shirt as dont have cheese cloth yet drain for hour then i placed curds in colander in t-shirt with weight on it (this was saucer with full piggy bank on it lol)
    left out air drying for 2 days just with salt sprinkled over it .......
    thats it for semi hard soy milk cheese

if u want soft cheese that easier and quicker
    will get photo today
    have fun and experiment ......... in all things in life

• Advertisement

IMG_20140107_123041_zpsztsizdaj.jpg

Advertisement