Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stimulation games

Options
  • 28-12-2013 1:14am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for Stimulation games, but not the type of game Stimulation such as flying,trains,etc.

I am looking for games that help with brain Stimulation.
    Anything at all, everything is appreciated.

Thank You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Chess is pretty good for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

'Papers, Please' maybe? Some find it boring and tedious but I enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I find lots of games Stimulating. Strategy games are great for it. Turn based combat, etc. Makes you think.

I'm currently playing a lot of Hearthstone which is a turn based card game. It's fun but you have to concentrate. Puzzle games like Professor Layton or Brain training which are both on the DS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Dark Souls, it's the game that fits every "recommend me a game" thread :pac:

Might stimulate in the wrong way though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Chess is pretty good for that.

I think any turn based tactical RPG would work. Xcom and Valkyria chronicals spring to mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,874 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Theme Hospital

Overheal wrote: »
    Theme Hospital

Surgeon simulator? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

sarumite wrote: »
    Surgeon simulator? :pac:
    No, Sturgeon Stimulator, the number 1 fish farm game :p

Oh wait, I was beaten to it :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 132 ✭✭Banneret

Thanks a lot guys, amazing games here and chess also worked.

E.G: Lets say you became very tired or dizzy, and you needed a game that wakes you up (but not mmorpgs,battlefield and all that stuff), just general more brain games such as chess,Brain N-Back,etc... even a find wally jigsaw really triggers that part,

any other suggestions please?. mainly to get that focus (a game/activity) that you can focus in and zoom in on and do it. ( but not general video games

Thank You very much

Banneret wrote: »
    Thanks a lot guys, amazing games here and chess also worked.

E.G: Lets say you became very tired or dizzy, and you needed a game that wakes you up (but not mmorpgs,battlefield and all that stuff), just general more brain games such as chess,Brain N-Back,etc... even a find wally jigsaw really triggers that part,

any other suggestions please?. mainly to get that focus (a game/activity) that you can focus in and zoom in on and do it. ( but not general video games

Thank You very much

I am playing stealth inc at the moment. As its christmas I tend to find I like playing it in the morning as its a non stressfull but mentally taxing game so its perfect to wake me up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Portal 1/2
    Civilisation 4&5(civ5 is on sale on steam at the moment for f all if you part of the master gaming race :) )
    Prison architect

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Sudoku, loads of places online to play that, google it :)

returnNull wrote: »
    Portal 1/2
    Civilisation 4&5(civ5 is on sale on steam at the moment for f all if you part of the master gaming race :) )
    Prison architect

Civ is a dangerous game though. You start in the morning and the next time you look up to check the time its bedtime. Would definitely reccomend portal 1/2 (its in the same vein as stealth inc). To add I would also suggest Quantum Conundrum. The lead designer of Portal directed it (and it shows) so if you like portal I think you would like it also.

You can also play dominion online...either against bots or people at (http://www.goko.com/games/Dominion)

Its a deck building card game. Personally its one of my favourites. (although the online version is free, you don't get to choose the starting deck from which to build from)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

How about Anno 2070.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 George Huxley 1983

Dune 2 or age of empires 2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 132 ✭✭Banneret

Hello Guys (-:

Ok I would like to Thank everyone here, I think stimulation is one of the most important things in life, that will to stay alive, that + feeling you get, its really all about that.

I wish everyone here a GREAT Christmas and a happy new year, everyone here thank you.

God bless !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

-Faster than Light
    -Frozen Synapse
    -Braid

Prison Architect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

also Op as stated above there is a steam sale now on..bioshock 1&2 are a fiver each theres also a discount on bioshock infinite but cant remember what price it is.

Also theres a load of the fallout games discounted as well.have a look at a few gameplay videos to see if they would be your cup of tea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

calex71 wrote: »
    Dark Souls, it's the game that fits every "recommend me a game" thread :pac:

Might stimulate in the wrong way though

Fear, anger, frustration, desolation, loneliness, temptation to smash controller. but also utter joy, hilarity, accomplishment, exhilaration.

It's the game that keeps on giving :pac:

Advertisement