Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What effects BTEA

Options
  • 27-12-2013 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi Guys, im seriously considering going back to college this september to pursue a degree( I have only secured part time work despite 100's of CV's and effort). I was wondering can i only qualify for BTEA if i sit on my a*se at home waiting for college to begin. I want to work but it says if im not on full benefits i wont qualify. I have heard horrible stories on here so just seeing if anyone has worked part time and then went onto BTEA, or if anyone was involved in Job Bridge and went onto BTEA. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Tope

If you're working three days or fewer per week and receiving Jobseekers Allowance on the casual dockets (the Xs and Os thing) you should qualify for BTEA.

I went back to college as a mature student 2 years ago and I'm on BTEA.
    I was working part-time for the previous year - my job had reduced my hours to 3 half-days a week so I was receiving Jobseekers Allowance on casual dockets. You must be receiving the payment for at least 9 months up to the time you start college.

Just to add, going back to college was a great decision for me - my course is going well and I'm confident that I'll have a decent career when I finish. Good luck with it!

Advertisement