Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade

Options
  • 27-12-2013 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭

I am looking to upgrade from a Nokia E5, I got herself the Lumia 520 and although it is a great phone it doesn’t have support for a lot of apps, opera mobile being a big one for me

The gadget show had a feature on and recommended a Huawei Ascend G510, it has the Android os and gorilla glass and im hearing good things about Huaewi.

I have tried to see if I can unlock it and as im on 48, no operator will do it unless I buy the phone and then top up by x amount, a local shop wanted €20-30 to unlock it. I read a thread on using different sites to buy sim free/unlocked phones

Would this be the best phone/place to get it?

http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/279-3719442-3646955?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Huawei%20Ascend%20G510

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭jeffk

Looked at old threads and seems to be a good enough phone, tried amazon.de and wouldn't let me order to my address, so ordered from Vodafone for €130 and have a link from a thread to get it unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Amazon.de have the Y300, which is essentially the same phone, on their Lightning Deals this past 2 weeks. It comes up at €89.00 which is a great price for a dinger of a phone. I got one about 2 months ago and have found it brilliant.

It will be on offer again tomorrow between 3.00pm & 5.00pm approx.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭jeffk

Gorilla glass sold it for me , had screen protectors on this and ended up sick of them and living with whatever happened to the screen

Advertisement