Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"TOUGHCOPTER" rc heli as fragile than other models.

Options
  • 26-12-2013 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭

I bought this in Maplins 3 weeks ago. Since then, I've had to replace the tail rotor with the only spare replacement included - first time I've had to do this in all my rc heli's. I was test flying the model at the time - I was not flying the model to the edge of the envelope or anything. Other screws fall out in other parts too for no reason. Not going to post in consumer issues I'd be laughed at. Laugh st me if you like, but this is my contribution to the models forum for 2013. Happy New Year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Right, so having chuckled at my spiel above, can any boardsie suggest a more Irish weather capeable and sturdier r/c helicopter in the ballpark of 150 euro? NOT SECOND HAND

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭goldwing

I think you will struggle to find anything Irish weather worthy at this particular time, but have to try'd hobbyking?

gugleguy wrote: »
    Right, so having chuckled at my spiel above, can any boardsie suggest a more Irish weather capeable and sturdier r/c helicopter in the ballpark of 150 euro? NOT SECOND HAND

The main problem is that the type of helicopters that can fly well in wind (CP) are more powerful and more complex mechanically and that doesn't lend itself well to sturdiness. I think of 'sturdy' helicopter as something for kids to mess around with indoors.

Wltoys V922 is about €75 RTF online, flies well in light wind and if/when you trash it, parts are cheap or you can buy a spare BNF for about €50. It's not a beginners helicopter though.

anyway - so I settled amicably today with establishment I bought the original unit from - See customer rant and praise in Consumer Issues.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭ScottStorm

"gugelguy" what quadrocoptor did you get?

haha "HIGH DURABILITY to withstand MINOR crashes" Quote from maplins website re tough-copter"

• Advertisement

HUSSAN 4Q. Leaving it in cold storage for now, unopened. I have other fish to fry with my NIKKO sea astro boat at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭ScottStorm

gugleguy wrote: »
    HUSSAN 4Q. Leaving it in cold storage for now, unopened. I have other fish to fry with my NIKKO sea astro boat at the moment.

a good tiny flyer, great fun, best used indoors though, takes a little abuse but I had to use a drop of glue on mine already, it also appears to be splashproof.

I want the last word!

Advertisement