Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance Help

Options
  • 26-12-2013 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi There,

I have a friend whom has been driving for the past 13 years with a full licence for 12 years. He was driving a commercial vehicle (jeep) over this time. He has gone out of business and purchased a small car worth 1,000 euro. He has now got a zero no claims bonus? As he drove a commercial vehicle? Can anyone tell us what he should do his 32 years old.. his quoted 650euro being the cheapest he can get online..

Thanks

Joe
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

If he was the one insuring the jeep then he should still have a ncb. If he was a named driver on a policy he should be able to get a discount for named driving experience. Even if it was a fleet insurance some companies will allow him some ncb years if his company will provide a letter stating he had sole use of the vehicle. My advise would be to contact a broker and explain the situation. I wouldn't bother with online quotes for anything out of the ordinary like this

Advertisement