Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I sorted ??

Options
  • 26-12-2013 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hey fellows,

I am starting Ag. Science and Economics after Christmas(currently in 5th year)
    I am doing them both after school as I am keeping them as my ''extra''subjects.
    I ran into a few shops and got me self prepared for these 2 subjects which I have only a slight hint about:
    Ag. Science there is a project worth 25% and written 75%
    Economics is a whole written exam, a bit like economics in the JC just more detailed.

So far I have got these things ready for the 2 subjects:
    Ag. Science:
    +Book-Breaking Ground
    +Notes copy/hw copy
    +Revision book-Rapid revision
    +Folder
    *Do I need anything for the project yet, I like to get all things prepared yet for the LC before doing them during it, I know I cannot start the project yet but surely I can get the materials and stationary for it ??.....
    *Do I need an experiment copy ??

Economics:
    +Book-Understanding Economics
    +Notes copy/hw copy
    +Folder

Is that is all for the subject I would need for my LC

I might sound an LC freak, but I am a really organised person, I have learned from my mistakes in the JC of leaving stuff for the last minute and I do not wish for this to ever happen again.

If I am missing something could someone please point it out for me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Do you have a teacher to oversee your Ag. science project and sign it off?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭iCrazzy

fewtins wrote: »
    Do you have a teacher to oversee your Ag. science project and sign it off?

Yes.

Fair play sounds good.

Fair play sounds good.

But do I need anything for the project yet ??
    The above stuff I listed out, is that all I would need ??
    What about an experiment copy ??

iCrazzy wrote: »
    But do I need anything for the project yet ??
    The above stuff I listed out, is that all I would need ??
    What about an experiment copy ??

Ehh I did Ag. science as an extra subject myself a couple of years ago and I think I had a seperate experiment copy but I think some teachers have their students just put them in the back of the folder or something. Just wait until your teacher tells you what to do I guess?

Some students also include a little diary thing that they fill in every time they go on a visit, but from what I've seen, most don't. There is discrepancy between teachers so taking everything you read/hear with a pinch of salt and listen to your teacher as well when it comes to the project. I suppose, pictures are important, so make sure you have access to a camera if the one on your phone isn't great. I can't think of anything to be honest.

There's been a lengthy thread about Ag. science and the project here if you haven't already read it, if you read through it and take some notes you might find something of use that'll put you more at east but if I were in your shoes I would only be concerned with having a teacher to oversee the project and making sure I have a farm to visit for the moment.

• Advertisement

Ehh I did Ag. science as an extra subject myself a couple of years ago and I think I had a seperate experiment copy but I think some teachers have their students just put them in the back of the folder or something. Just wait until your teacher tells you what to do I guess?

Some students also include a little diary thing that they fill in every time they go on a visit, but from what I've seen, most don't. There is discrepancy between teachers so taking everything you read/hear with a pinch of salt and listen to your teacher as well when it comes to the project. I suppose, pictures are important, so make sure you have access to a camera if the one on your phone isn't great. I can't think of anything to be honest.

There's been a lengthy thread about Ag. science and the project here if you haven't already read it, if you read through it and take some notes you might find something of use that'll put you more at east but if I were in your shoes I would only be concerned with having a teacher to oversee the project and making sure I have a farm to visit for the moment.

So this is all the materials I will need for ag science lc exam and the project ??
    Thanks so far for info
    Book-Breaking Ground
    Notes copy/hw copy
    Revision book-Rapid revision
    Folder

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

iCrazzy wrote: »
    Hey fellows,

Economics:
    +Book-Understanding Economics
    +Notes copy/hw copy
    +Folder

Is that is all for the subject I would need for my LC

I might sound an LC freak, but I am a really organised person, I have learned from my mistakes in the JC of leaving stuff for the last minute and I do not wish for this to ever happen again.

If I am missing something could someone please point it out for me

I don't think Understanding Economics is a great textbook. See can you get your hands on Positive Economics by Edco.

Rapid revision is very good for economics.

Advertisement