Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friends issue

Options
  • 25-12-2013 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm 25 gay, I think I look ok, funny, easy going and enjoying my life. I travel a lot and always find nice people to talk to and I have friends here in Ireland but I have a problem to find gay friends. My first language isn't english. My english isn't bad, but not good enough to go into difficult conversation or understand jokes, music lyrics ...

It feels like 99% don't want to be friends with me in Ireland, so I want to ask is that issue for you - or am I wrong .. ?

To be honest I find it little bit awkward to say - I'm sorry can you say it again - few times to get the point, but it wouldn't stop me from being friend with myself ..

I'm probably wrong, just wondering what your experience is...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

You seem to have enough experiences and social interaction for this to be an issue for you. I'd suggest maybe you just need to relax a bit more and take in the intent, rather than literal meaning of words. This is an issue with reverse meanings in our dialect.

It's probably just a matter of time and getting used to the use of language. You seem to have the friends, just find difficulty in participating in conversation.

Advertisement