Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Christmas!!

Options
  • 25-12-2013 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭

Less than an hour till Santa arrives, so I hope he leaves a huge pile of fluffy snow wherever you want it!!

Have a lovely Christmas everyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,096 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

And a happy snowy new year,in the alps anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭prunudo

Happy Christmas to all on the winter sports forum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

BUMP!! Happy Christmas, everyone.

May we all get the schnee we've been dancing for :-) xxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

Oh... the weather in the alps is frightful

But so soon it's going to be delightful

and since we've got no choice but go

Let it snow let it snow let it snow.

Merry Christmas to everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Merry Christmas everyone Santa Claus has dropped some snow, I hope you all get some too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Any many happy returns! Haven't been posting for about... 8 & 1/2 months ;) The wee man keeps me busy, but we've Saalbach booked for Jan. Can't wait! Hope everyone is having a great Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

Hope you all had a good one
    Now for the snow see you all on the 10th

Looks like Santa made a generous delivery of snow all round yesterday!! Happy days. Enjoy, everyone! :-)

olaola wrote: »
    Any many happy returns! Haven't been posting for about... 8 & 1/2 months ;) The wee man keeps me busy, but we've Saalbach booked for Jan. Can't wait! Hope everyone is having a great Christmas!

Aww baby Westendorf?! Congrats Olaola!! Are you bringing him to Saalbach or will it be your first child-free adventure?

fannymagee wrote: »
    Aww baby Westendorf?! Congrats Olaola!! Are you bringing him to Saalbach or will it be your first child-free adventure?

Yes, that's him!! Thanks :) Leaving the wee man with his Grandparents. First time away for more than one night. Looking forward to it & dreading it in equal measures. Prob won't bring him until he's able to go to ski school himself. Or there'll just be fights about who gets to go skiing!

• Advertisement

Yes, that's him!! Thanks :) Leaving the wee man with his Grandparents. First time away for more than one night. Looking forward to it & dreading it in equal measures. Prob won't bring him until he's able to go to ski school himself. Or there'll just be fights about who gets to go skiing!

You'll be fine! Just accept that pure going to miss him, but decide in advance that you're going to have a great time. The week will fly by, and by day 7 you'll be chomping at the bit to see him. It doesn't get any easier as they get older, because they miss you more, but it's so amazing when you can bring him skiing. Best feeling ever :)

You'll be fine! Just accept that pure going to miss him, but decide in advance that you're going to have a great time. The week will fly by, and by day 7 you'll be chomping at the bit to see him. It doesn't get any easier as they get older, because they miss you more, but it's so amazing when you can bring him skiing. Best feeling ever :)

I can't wait until he can get on the slopes. Have to restrain myself from buying wee snowsuits and cute snow things! I hope I'm fit enough for skiing now, I'm running a good bit, but haven't been at the gym. Might just strap on the wee man and do some squats & lunges!

Haha! You'll be fine- mammies always underestimate the strength it takes to lift & carry a baby around all day long! ;)

Haha! You'll be fine- mammies always underestimate the strength it takes to lift & carry a baby around all day long! ;)

That's true!! My guns are seriously pow-pow! ;)

I'm reminiscing now to the first time I skiied after my son was born. I was the same- really unsure of how I'd be, I thought I'd have total jelly legs but I was fine (physically- psychologically I found I got The Fear so much worse whenever I thought about the baby!). We went to Norway though so it was a nice distraction to be somewhere completely new :-)

I'm reminiscing now to the first time I skiied after my son was born. I was the same- really unsure of how I'd be, I thought I'd have total jelly legs but I was fine (physically- psychologically I found I got The Fear so much worse whenever I thought about the baby!). We went to Norway though so it was a nice distraction to be somewhere completely new :-)

Hopefully I'll be ok. Usually I have a ski-fit program that I complete in the gym, so I would be as prepared as I can be to get the most out of the week. Think I'll do lessons for a few days. Get rid of a few bad habits I've picked up over the last few years and get a bit of confidence since I wasn't skiing last year either. I think the only resolution to the major Fear is more Gluhwein! :)

Hopefully I'll be ok. Usually I have a ski-fit program that I complete in the gym, so I would be as prepared as I can be to get the most out of the week. Think I'll do lessons for a few days. Get rid of a few bad habits I've picked up over the last few years and get a bit of confidence since I wasn't skiing last year either. I think the only resolution to the major Fear is more Gluhwein! :)

Yup! That sounds like a good plan. If in doubt, gluhwein! ;-)

Advertisement