Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat P****d all over new leather boots, are they ruined?

Options
  • 24-12-2013 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

A cat is after p**ssing all over my knee length leather boots which I paid E289 for. They absorbed all the urine and are saturated. Are they ruined? And before anyone says it’s a territory, new leather Vs cat thing, it isn’t. Why didn’t he just piddle elsewhere in the room… Does anyone have any experience of what to do, besides skin the cat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stanley1

allow to dry in a cool spot, clean with an alcohol based cleaner, good or better than new.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Bernice101

Thank you for the suggestion, but ide imagine alcohol would destroy the leather as it is harsh, they are burgundy so I don't want the colour to run. And I have learnt he ruined a third boot also. I am soooo annoyed with the stupid animal.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

My cat pissed on my handbag once! Little pricks...

Anyway, could you try clean the inside with the alcohol, maybe by putting it in a spray bottle to get right into the boot. Or is it just on the outside?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Bernice101

will rip off the lining of the boots and try a cleaner. Have yea used alcohol? ide imagine I will get some version of it from an outdoor store. I really hope it will be ok until 26-27th coz shops closed till then.

im kinda resigning to the fact 2 pairs of boots are ruined. That is one expensive s*** of a cat, considering we found him as a kitten wandering in a car park in ennis at 1am on a sunday morning. He should be happy that we gave him a nice country life.

Advertisement