Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North-side Dublin estates

Options
  • 24-12-2013 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭

I've been keeping an eye out on property in the Northside of Dublin, everywhere from Glasnevin, Drumcondra, Fairview, Clontarf, to Raheny. I've not lived in the area before and am mainly interested in newer style estates, suitable for a young family.

So far Charlemont off Griffith Avenue, and Collinswood off Collins Avenue are two that have caught my eye. Are there any other estates that people know of in the area that I should be aware of. Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Brookwood road/avenue in artane/killester seems to be nice and mature. We looked there but house prices were just too high for the work needing done to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Have you looked at dublin 15 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Collinswood is the more "upmarket" type for a house off Collins Ave that I know of. By the way, your range is so vast from houses available in the 200k range to those up to a million quid(Clontarf), we'd need more details on the exact type you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Mainly looking for an estate with 3 or 4 bed semi-d's or detached houses, hopefully some sort of green too (ie not on a main road), price range probably 300-500k. Mainly looking for any newer style estates that I may not have heard of.

I like these type houses...
    http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/413-collinswood-collins-avenue-dublin-9/2064433
    http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/318-collinswood-dublin-9/2658858
    http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/336-charlemont-griffith-avenue-drumconda-dublin-9/2699914

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Have you looked at dublin 15 ?
    HAd a look around Castleknock alright but value seemed closer to southside from what I've seen. Lovely area tho.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I live in D5 and there are lots of nice 3 bed (and I'm sure 4 beds) around the McAuley park area. They would probably be at the lower end of your price spectrum but have all the amenities you are looking for!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

With Griffith Ave(Charlemont) you are buying the address. Collinswood is a slight step down in price from that but still considered "middle class'ish". But I get the feeling Collinswood is just an estate off a main road with no popular pubs\r'nts nearby. Griffith Ave has that(down by Dumcondra) but then again all are accessible by taxi for a night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,135 ✭✭✭rameire

Collinswood and Charlemont are both around 15 years old. Both are good locations for city, shopping and local food, sport drink and entertainment, you could go older 40 years and get cheaper lorcan, shanliss grace park or crestfield but you would need to put in a few tens of thousands getting heat and window specs up. The heights opposite grace park are around 10-15 years old and would be in the same range as c,wood and c,mont

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Marchbride

Beaumont wood is another

Advertisement