Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair fine handed out... need advice please!

Options
  • 24-12-2013 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Sorry if this is the wrong forum but I don't know where to post this and thought this forum would be suitable.

I live in an apartment complex, so there are a lot of children, especially ages 7-12 running around. There is a court yard outside where they play their games and all sorts.

So, yesterday my mum got a letter saying that she has a pay a 25€ euro fine(from the management of the apartment complex) indicating that her children (me and my sisters) were playing football outside even though signs are saying not to. I am one of her children. Me and my sisters do not mingle with the children over here so why would we play football with them? We're also very busy as we have our own hobbies that we're passionate about therefore have no time.

I'm aware that other parents also got this letter, and a few of them deserve it as its their young ones causing the hassle outside.

What can I do about this? How do they know my family have been playing out and about with a ball? Are they obliged to hand out random fines without any solid proof?

My family have not had any problems or occurrences with the management, we just got a random letter from the mail box the other day telling us to fork out 25€.

Side Note : my mum is giving them a ring today but I've made this thread so I would know where we stand.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭paul71

Easy answer. Don't pay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'm aware that other parents also got this letter, and a few of them deserve it as its their young ones causing the hassle outside.
    Sounds like a everyone with a child was fined. Probably done as a scare tactic to prevent further such incidents. €25 would be low enough that most people would pay it, and not really fight it. Ring, and ask for proof, though, but ask nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Mum rang and the fine is cleared as they have video footage of the people and none of us are caught on tape :).

Thread can be closed now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement