Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alternator

Options
  • 24-12-2013 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hi anyone know where i might get a secondhand Alternator for a Ford Mondeo.A new one would cost a couple of hundred euro so any help in locating one would be appreciated.Thanks,Bogs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

bogs wrote: »
    Hi anyone know where i might get a secondhand Alternator for a Ford Mondeo.A new one would cost a couple of hundred euro so any help in locating one would be appreciated.Thanks,Bogs.

Hi Bogs..Did you get the alternator checked out...It might be possible to do a job on it..brushes etc...Thers a place in Irishtown,across from ST. Marys church,also out the Dungarven road,beside Pollards timber yard.There are car breakers,but you wouldn't know if the one you get would be much better than the one you have.But I always try to get parts checked out,rather than going straight to a main dealer...sometimes it pays off....I have heard an advert for Micks Garage..its an online parts site,I have never used it ,but it might be worth a look..hope you get sorted...

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭jimmydkid

There is a guy in Tipp Town near tipp co-op super value that repairs alternators , if its not repairable i buy second hand car parts from jack moores scrapyard near limerick city I find him good to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

A pity you did not say what part of Tipp you are in, its a long way from Borrisokane to Ballyporeen with lots of alternators in between the two places!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭bogs

I havnt got anything done since it broke down on me last Friday.It was late in the evening when it happened and since they were all closed over the Xmas its as I left it.I am based very far south in the county on the Kilkenny/Waterford border.I appreciate the response to my question and thanks.Bogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭Vizzy

I havnt got anything done since it broke down on me last Friday.It was late in the evening when it happened and since they were all closed over the Xmas its as I left it.I am based very far south in the county on the Kilkenny/Waterford border.I appreciate the response to my question and thanks.Bogs.

I would first try somebody in Waterford or Carrick in an effort to get your existing alternator fixed.
    Failing that you could try McBrides Car Breakers (056 7768684) in Hugginstown.

• Advertisement
Advertisement