Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese restaurant on Malahide Road

Options
  • 24-12-2013 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭

Hi there everybody.

I've heard that the old Hin Keng restaurant from the Clontarf Court hotel has reopened on the Malahide Road beside the Goblet.

Can't seem to find a phone number or website so wondering if anyone can confirm if it's open, and even better if you've a number for them. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Charlie76

Old number was 8330035 in Clontarf. May have retained it. Great news that they have reopened. Was a fantastic restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Where abouts? I can't picture it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭fta93

Its directly across from the Goblet. Use to be a carpet place iirc.

Anyway, it is open. Passed it on the bus and its definitely open for business. Haven't located a phone number (old number isn't it) so not sure if they are doing takeaways or just the restaurant.

01 5561481. They do take away, picked up a menu there

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Angry_Mammarys

Swords garden I think? ...

• Advertisement

Swords garden I think? ...

No, it's where the Indian used to be, upstairs on the other side of mc hughs

No, it's where the Indian used to be, upstairs on the other side of mc hughs

Ah I see, I didn't even know the Indian place was gone. I don't think anywhere stays long there for some reason.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,124 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Ah I see, I didn't even know the Indian place was gone. I don't think anywhere stays long there for some reason.

I think it's a parking issue, though when it was the Italian that moved out from Fairview Strand*, they offered parking underground. Madhobi had an issue with their drinks licence, which was a shame because they had really nice food and a great attitude to customers.

*Can't for the life of me remember the name of it, it was before Madhobi, before Dhanshiri and the present one.

Good luck to the old Hin Keng people, the area could do with more choice in restaurants.

spurious wrote: »
    I think it's a parking issue, though when it was the Italian that moved out from Fairview Strand*, they offered parking underground. Madhobi had an issue with their drinks licence, which was a shame because they had really nice food and a great attitude to customers.

*Can't for the life of me remember the name of it, it was before Madhobi, before Dhanshiri and the present one.

Good luck to the old Hin Keng people, the area could do with more choice in restaurants.

I wasn't too mad on Madhobi ! , Dhanshiri was lovely though, yeah hopefully this one will work out, it seemed to be a popular enough place when in Clontarf.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

It looks a nice, spacious spot from the outside. I kept putting off visiting the Italian until it closed and I was never overly keen on Indian food so haven't ventured in yet. I'm another who hadn't noticed the Indian was closed (or that there were actually two different Indians) even though I pass it every day on way to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Bedshaped

I'm cycling out there right now to see if I can grab a menu. Was addicted to the old Hin Keng.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

I remember the Italian it was nice would have liked to try the Indian but no one in house mad about it only me. Must check this restaurant out hopefully they will have a website soon

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,124 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Advertisement