Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic Disruption Winter '13/'14

Options
  • 24-12-2013 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭

Assuming that we'll have the usual traffic disruptions again this winter - we can stick them all here.

I can start with a tree down between Ardgillan Gates & Cross O' The Cage. All traffic blocked in both directions. FCC have been informed & a Roads crew is on its way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Meant to post earlier to say all was sorted by 15:30. To be fair, FCC were up here less than 30 mins after I called them. Took quite a few guys to chop up the tree & take it away. Nice one lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Steer clear of The Blackhills tonight folks. Several trees down. FCC crews busy clearing around Ardgillan Gates right now. Lots of debris on the roads & winds due to get worse later.

Stay safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

AA Roadwatch ‏@aaroadwatch 9m
    DUBLIN: Still several trees down on the Swords/Naul Rd near Roganstown

AA Roadwatch ‏@aaroadwatch 4h
    DUBLIN: Turvey Ave in Donabate is only passable with extra care due to a fallen tree. http://theAA.ie/Roadwatch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Just received from a friend.

WARNING: Anyone driving this morning there is a lot of Black Ice at the moment on the road from Skerries to Blakes Cross ..

AA reporting black ice everywhere so slow down

• Advertisement

The Portrane Rd is also very slippery at this stage. Extra care is needed.
    The Old Swords Rd is very icy through Lissenhall. Take extra care in the area.
    turning lane from R132 Nbound to Topaz garage Lissenhall is on sheet of ice.
    there is ice on the skerries to lusk road and on the lusk bypass. Also car crash on skerries to lusk rd

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭coolhandluke

The roads around the old m1 yesterday (skerries,lusk,rush,ballyboughal,naul, lissenhall, blakes cross) were treacherous, clearly no gritting had taken place of any kind, passed numerous crashes and an upturned jeep at blakes cross, simply not acceptable from fcc.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Lusk/Blakes Cross road flooded this lunchtime. Not sure how long it will take to clear it but worth avoiding for a while

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,365 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

From FCC's twitter

Weldons Lane & Harbour Rd Skerries are flooded. Please avoid the area

Skerries to Rush Road at Skerries Rugby Club closed as road is flooded. Please avoid until further notice.

Estuary Rd Malahide is closed. Flooding also at Portmarnock roundabout and Strand Rd Sutton. Council on site. Please avoid these areas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Just seen pictures from blue bar in skerries .holy mother of God I can't believe what I seen.

I heard balbriggan to skerries road is flooded but haven't seen myself.
    Peps please be careful. .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

cathy01 wrote: »
    Just seen pictures from blue bar in skerries .holy mother of God I can't believe what I seen.

I heard balbriggan to skerries road is flooded but haven't seen myself.
    Peps please be careful. .

Here is a little video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPeUMREc2jY&feature=youtu.be It's a good job we didn't have the same wind direction as last week :eek: Next high tide will be about 1:20am so if your up there for a pint make sure you leave before 12:00 :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

The bottom of the Forest Road is closed from The Lord Mayor's/Eddie Rocket's to the entrance to Highfields for repair work on a water main. It'll be closed until Friday.

http://fingalcoco.ie/water-and-drainage/water-outages/

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

They are really taking the p*ss with that road over the last few years. It must be closed 4 or 5 times a year at this stage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

That pipe has been leaking for decades and they keep patching it up - let's hope they're doing a big job on it this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

The Skerries Road is a mess again (surprise surprise!) this morning between Golden Ridge and Clifflands due to flooding.

Spare a thought for the pedestrians and slow down.

And if your car is the same colour as the sky/road, please turn on your lights!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Also a 'stop-go' set of lights between Rush and Lusk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

[QUOTE=Neil_Sedaka;88699914

Spare a thought for the pedestrians and slow down.

And if your car is the same colour as the sky/road, please turn on your lights!! ;)[/QUOTE]

Agree fully with you on both above poits. Saw a woman pushing a buggy getting drenched by a car on Balbriggan Rd in Skerries. Few school kids got it big time between Paalmer Rd and Cricket club in Rush on same morning

Car lights are vital on these dreary gray mornings.
    cbreeze wrote: »
    Also a 'stop-go' set of lights between Rush and Lusk.

This was some mess. It was taking people 45 minutes to get to railway station in the morning and getting back into Rush in the evening was a nightmare with Massive tailbacks but I believe after a lot complaints the work has been re-schedualed to make travel at peak times a bit easier.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

LeoB wrote: »
    This was some mess. It was taking people 45 minutes to get to railway station in the morning and getting back into Rush in the evening was a nightmare with Massive tailbacks but I believe after a lot complaints the work has been re-schedualed to make travel at peak times a bit easier.
    Took me probably getting on for an hour one evening last week to get from Lusk to Rush - when I got through the lights I spotted that although they were fully in operation in the direction I was heading, they were on flashing amber - "proceed with caution" in the other direction, causing traffic to continually attempt to head through and stopping the traffic in the Lusk to Rush direction proceeding even when on green

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Twitter wrote:
    An Garda Síochána ‏@GardaTraffic 5m
    Malahide Rd at Kinsealy,tree down and the road is completely blocked, pls use alternative routes.

Its tipping it down with rain at the moment, and following the high winds on Wed looks like we are in for a drenching.

Be careful out there, folks,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Not been out and about today as yet but had a few messages warning me of local flooding around Rush and Lusk.

Keep an eye on elderly neighbours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement