Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DA/DB and getting married.

Options
  • 24-12-2013 2:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭

if "Tom" is on either DA or DB(don't know which),has custody of 3 children from previous relationship.has a 4th child with "Mary",they lived together although she had her address listed as her parents,and claimed tax relief as a single parent,she works full time.they have since gotten married in a non European country.does their marriage affect his payments i.e. as regards mean testing?i don't know if they have to register the marriage in Ireland but i would assume that the tax office has to be notified as regards her entitlements to tax relief.also,the house they live in has a very low rent because of his payment but i think it's only supposed to be him and his first three kids living there.i just think that they're prob doing everything that they're not supposed to to milk the system as much as possible.i'm curious because Mary seems totally blase about the whole thing.I've seen enough people get so much grief over genuine entitlements that it pi**es me off to see people get away with things they shouldn't.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement