Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Quality Streets VS Roses

• 24-12-2013 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭ JAMES VTI S

I pick Quality Streets.

Roses are gone to the dogs :rolleyes:

Choose your sweet 33 votes

Quality Streets
    0%
    Roses
    100%
    sunbeamAglomeradoGumble01mocatatfak85titan18partyatmygaffKonFusionlukesmomflahersdee_mcRichard tea_Godot_bonbons123balltvFowler87Lucan BohsjellybearTimeToShineebbsy 33 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭ fussyonion

I'm the opposite. I used to only buy Quality Street for years but then started hating them when they turned all their soft centres into fondants.
    I now buy Roses which I actually think have improved over the years and especially this Christmas with the addition of the gorgeous coffee and truffle ones!
    I don't like the boring caramel ones.
    Word of warning though, for any chewy toffee fans..there none in the Roses this year; all soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭ JAMES VTI S

Roses
    fussyonion wrote: »
    • I now buy Roses which I actually think have improved over the years and especially this Christmas with the addition of the gorgeous coffee and truffle ones!
    • I think they are gone to the dogs .. what happened the strawberry round its shhhhh now IMO of course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭ fussyonion

• I think they are gone to the dogs .. what happened the strawberry round its shhhhh now IMO of course :)

Ah yeah I liked the little strawberry round in the blue and red foil...I don't think it's changed, taste-wise though, it's just square now.

Roses
    I think they ALL have gone as bland .. maybe its me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭ McChubbin

I never really liked either of them apart from the caramel barrels in Roses and the fudge fingers in Quality Street. Nah, give me a box of Celebrations and I'll be a happy bunny. Only bad thing about them is the abundence of Bounty bars. Bleh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 tfak85

Roses
    I can say - as someone who eats boxed chocolates all year round (we get given them in work) that I prefer Quality Street because of the toffee penny and the coconut eclair.

I like the coffee Rose though, I can't deny it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Moonbeam

Quality street are awful!!! There is a box here for about 4 years but Roses/heroes/celebrations do not last!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭ Pang

I think both are terrible in comparison to say Ferrero Rocher or a nice box of Butlers.

If I had to pick I'd probably go for the Roses because there are less toffees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭ Marcus Halberstram

Roses
    Roses this year are terrible. The chocolate tastes really different, like cheap stuff and the fillings are changed too, really crap stuff.

Roses
    Thank you ... im not the only one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 Son0vagun

Roses
    Normally I'm a roses man, but they've changed too much. Definitely a quality street man this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭ FortuneChip

Out with the old, in with the new!

Heroes & Celebrations please!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,647 ✭✭✭✭ Mars Bar

Roses would have to turn in to poo before I'd go near Heroes Quality Street. We have celebrations open at the moment. Yummy!

I'm indifferent to Heroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 Call Me Jimmy

Yea **** Heroes. And **** Celebrations. AND **** Roses for declining in... Quality!

ARR ARR ARR SEAL SEAL

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭ The_Pretender

I mainly like quality street because of the green triangle. Not bothered about the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,005 ✭✭✭✭ fryup

hero's and celebrations are better

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭ Micky Dolenz

Roses are the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭ spoonbadger

Quality street are protestant sweets

Roses
    Has anyone who likes Roses noticed the huge change in them this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭ Micky Dolenz

Has anyone who likes Roses noticed the huge change in them this year?

Whoa, what changes? Haven't ploughed into them proper yet.

• Advertisement

Roses
    Well see for yourself - I don't think they are as nice at all. :mad:

Advertisement