Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

social welfare inspection

Options
  • 24-12-2013 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi lookin for some advice here please I am a single mother of 3 children and was recently being called for interview where the inspector literary accused me of having my childrens father living with me she said she observed my home and seen him entering and leaving at different times witch she would as he does see his children regularly and pays maintenance every week,that gets reduced from my payment she accused me of being engaged to him witch is outrageous as he has a girlfriend the only place she could of come accross this info is on his facebook page where it states that he is engaged but not to me my payment has being stopped and I am trying to appeal at the minute, worst of it is he lives wit his parents in the same estate as me so of course he would be seen coming in and out, don't know wat to do,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

I feel your pain OP, tough one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Probably better in the State Benifits forum which is in Biz>Personal>State Benifits

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Mod

Moved from After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 yvonne34

WikiHow wrote: »

Thank you just hope who ever deals wit my appeal has bit more of a heart than the first one

WikiHow wrote: »

Thank you just hope who ever deals wit my appeal has bit more of a heart than the first one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

mcwinning wrote: »
    Here luv dont mind dem dey dont no nutin.

Tell dem he is ur cuzin nd dat he wurks on a troller in d atlantick oshean.

luv u bbz hav a gud xms

RATS OU

For some reason I find that extremely unfunny - and I'm one of the most cynical bast*rds out there. Good luck with your situation OP, maybe you can get someone else to look at your case, or at the very least witnesses etc. And I'm sure there is an appeals process if the worst comes to the worst. I don't know if they record these things but if they don't try and record it yourself with a smart phone (let them know you are recording it obviously) - argue your case calmy and clearly and hopefully they shouldn't be able to touch you

I think some one has reported you and told lies, could you not show the facebook page to the inspector and it will be down who he is engaged to, are you friends with him on facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 GoAheadCaller

If you genuinely have nothing to hide then try to relax, just appeal the case and go to community welfare officer if you are short of cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭jc84

why do the social welfare cut peoples benefits before the investigation etc. how is this fair on genuinely innocent people, surely they should investigate first and then cut the payment if it turns out to be true

hope you get sorted OP, crap time of year for them to pull this

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

jc84 wrote: »
    why do the social welfare cut peoples benefits before the investigation etc. how is this fair on genuinely innocent people, surely they should investigate first and then cut the payment if it turns out to be true

hope you get sorted OP, crap time of year for them to pull this

Im sure they have well investigated.

Problem is they put 2 and 2 together and came up with 5.

Just show them your mans FB page and all will be sorted if its the truth. Lets get real here. Since people are stupid enough to post what they had for breakfast on Facebook the inspectors dont even have to leave the office anymore.

On the other hand i suppose when inspectors are dealing with Scumbags all day they eventually turn into Scum themselves. Imagine the grief they get off pikeys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

she observed my home and seen him entering and leaving at different times

Leaving and entering a property does not constitute dwelling. I have several friends that enter and leave my property on a daily basis, they dont live here. Ask the inspector for her solid proof of your children's father being resident or dwelling at the property. Is there any post that comes to your address regularly for him? or does he spend the night at your home regularly?

she accused me of being engaged to him witch is outrageous as he has a girlfriend the only place she could of come accross this info is on his facebook page where it states that he is engaged but not to me

Ask the inspector if this is an assumption made by her or a fact which she can back up with sufficient evidence. If there is no solid link to state that he and you are in a relationship or engaged then the argument doesn't hold water, It is a pure assumption and certainly not evidence of a relationship.
    my payment has being stopped and I am trying to appeal at the minute

If you are confident that you are 100% innocent in this, then recommend (do not insist) that your payments are re-instated with immediate effect including any lost/missed payments. If they do not re-instate payments and the case fails you could seek legal recourse, however at that point you need a solicitor.
    worst of it is he lives wit his parents in the same estate as me so of course he would be seen coming in and out

An official document with his address on it at his parents address should be sufficient to prove this. Personally speaking (your situation may differ) I would not be too quick to start helping them by proving otherwise. They made the alleged accusation and its up to them to prove it with solid evidence.

Again personally speaking, I would not give them any information without them first presenting solid evidence. Seeing someone enter and leave the property, and sketchy facebook details don't cut it, solid evidence is what is needed (e.g. your ESB Bill is in his name). Don't do their work for them, if they are so sure, let them provide the evidence, allow you time to consider and respond. Get some professional advice and if it helps in any way, get someone to attend meetings with you.

It sounds to me like a mud slinging campaign to see what sticks while acting on some random tip-off form an uninformed member of the public. If you are sure you are innocent then you have nothing to worry about, let it run its course.

Best of luck with it..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

How many times has this thread been posted in the last few months

Gatling wrote: »
    How many times has this thread been posted in the last few months
    Once i think its the OP first post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭mcwinning

For some reason I find that extremely unfunny - and I'm one of the most cynical bast*rds out there. Good luck with your situation OP, maybe you can get someone else to look at your case, or at the very least witnesses etc. And I'm sure there is an appeals process if the worst comes to the worst. I don't know if they record these things but if they don't try and record it yourself with a smart phone (let them know you are recording it obviously) - argue your case calmy and clearly and hopefully they shouldn't be able to touch you

Users 1st post...in After Hours...about a controversial topic. I commented before I saw the thread was moved to another forum. OP, I apologise if I got your situation wrong and wish you all the best.

TheBoffin wrote: »
    Leaving and entering a property does not constitute dwelling. I have several friends that enter and leave my property on a daily basis, they dont live here. Ask the inspector for her solid proof of your children's father being resident or dwelling at the property. Is there any post that comes to your address regularly for him? or does he spend the night at your home regularly?

Ask the inspector if this is an assumption made by her or a fact which she can back up with sufficient evidence. If there is no solid link to state that he and you are in a relationship or engaged then the argument doesn't hold water, It is a pure assumption and certainly not evidence of a relationship.

If you are confident that you are 100% innocent in this, then recommend (do not insist) that your payments are re-instated with immediate effect including any lost/missed payments. If they do not re-instate payments and the case fails you could seek legal recourse, however at that point you need a solicitor.

An official document with his address on it at his parents address should be sufficient to prove this. Personally speaking (your situation may differ) I would not be too quick to start helping them by proving otherwise. They made the alleged accusation and its up to them to prove it with solid evidence.

Again personally speaking, I would not give them any information without them first presenting solid evidence. Seeing someone enter and leave the property, and sketchy facebook details don't cut it, solid evidence is what is needed (e.g. your ESB Bill is in his name). Don't do their work for them, if they are so sure, let them provide the evidence, allow you time to consider and respond. Get some professional advice and if it helps in any way, get someone to attend meetings with you.

It sounds to me like a mud slinging campaign to see what sticks while acting on some random tip-off form an uninformed member of the public. If you are sure you are innocent then you have nothing to worry about, let it run its course.

Best of luck with it..

Thank u for this u have being a grea

yvonne34 wrote: »
    Thank u for this u have being a great help I feel a bit better nowno post in his name no overnight stays and I'm not on face book at all I also just realized that my interview with them was on the 19th of Dec and the letter they sent me saying my payment has stopped because I have failed to show them that I am not cohabiting was dated the 18th of Dec so they basically had a decision made before even speaking to me so unfair

Im sure they have well investigated.

Problem is they put 2 and 2 together and came up with 5.

Just show them your mans FB page and all will be sorted if its the truth. Lets get real here. Since people are stupid enough to post what they had for breakfast on Facebook the inspectors dont even have to leave the office anymore.

On the other hand i suppose when inspectors are dealing with Scumbags all day they eventually turn into Scum themselves. Imagine the grief they get off pikeys!

I don't even have a facebook page it was his they must have looked at seen he was engaged and presumed it was to me that along wit observing him in and out my home made her see fit to stop my payment,

Advertisement