Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why was my application for job seekers rejected?

Options
  • 23-12-2013 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, just wondering if anyone might be able to shed any light on this for me. Recently graduated from college and am now looking for a job (probably worth mentioning I do have a part time job which is five hrs a week I had while in college and thus was put in the casual category). Went to sign on (never have before) recently and went through all the procedures EXCEPT handing in the bank statement as I didn't have them at the time. Within a day or so I received my first payment and went to hand up the bank statement which had arrived in the meantime.

Before I even got home I got a call saying that my application was now being rejected and forms would be sent out and I was to mail back the cheque with said forms. I tried talking on the phone a bit but I think the lady felt I was looking for a fight when I started asking questions and clamped down on giving me any info or explaining why I was getting this call. There's a small bit of money in my account but not that much I thought it would completely reject my application. Anyone clear up what grounds this was happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Just go in and ask.

For all we know theres some reason your not mentioning.

Do you live alone / with partner / parents whatever?

Did you let them know that 5 hours is the most you can get? Maybe you can go on Xs and Os to make up the rest if you truely only do 5 a week and earn less than 100 quid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement