Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lapton screen broke- HELP

Options
  • 22-12-2013 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,
    so, my laptop was on the floor of my room and i hadn't used it in two days. When i turned it on an hour ago, i found a crack on the inside of the screen with black stuff coming out and a white rectangle with some multi-coloured lines too.
    I have a feeling my dog stepped on it or something.
    This is a Medion e6234 laptop bought in Asda for something like 250 pounds. It was cheap but expensive to us anyway.
    I bought Microsoft word for it and have all my lecture notes and documents on it. I don't want to lose it.
    Does anyone know what i can do? I know i could try and get a new screen and i searched ebay but they don't have any for my model. My grandad was saying that for cheap brands like medion, they often don't have replacement things and that it would be hard to replace it.
    Please, if anyone knows what i could do. and obviously the most inexpensive way possible.
    I am so devastated....
    Thanks in advance,
    Jase

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

Hi everyone,
    so, my laptop was on the floor of my room and i hadn't used it in two days. When i turned it on an hour ago, i found a crack on the inside of the screen with black stuff coming out and a white rectangle with some multi-coloured lines too.
    This is a Medion e6234 laptop bought in Asda for something like 250 pounds. It was cheap but expensive to us anyway.
    I bought Microsoft word for it and have all my lecture notes and documents on it. I don't want to lose it.
    Does anyone know what i can do? I know i could try and get a new screen and i searched ebay but they don't have any for my model. My grandad was saying that for cheap brands like medion, they often don't have replacement things and that it would be hard to replace it.
    Please, if anyone knows what i could do. and obviously the most inexpensive way possible.
    I am so devastated....
    Thanks in advance,
    Jase

Does it have a VGA port? If so, you could hook it up to an old pc monitor and use it as a desktop PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭GlowStick

Hi everyone,
    I am so devastated....
    Thanks in advance,
    Jase

I'd say bring it to a laptop repair shop and get a quote first. A similar thing happened to my brother's laptop and it cost about 80euro to fix. But his laptop was quite an expensive one so maybe yours would be a bit cheaper. Best thing to do is get a free quote! The other thing you could do is buy an external monitor. But that's just awkward and takes away from the idea of your laptop being portable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

You could plug it in to a monitor and use it that way or replace the screen. Here is a link to one that will fit http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-15-6-LED-Backlit-Laptop-Screen-Samsung-LTN156AT20-WXGA-HD-UK-/130922370704?pt=UK_Computing_Laptop_Screens_LCD_Panels&hash=item1e7b94d690

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Does it have a VGA port? If so, you could hook it up to an old pc monitor and use it as a desktop PC.
    Yes it does, I may do that as a last resort as i have a screen for it anyhow. :) Thanks.
    GlowStick wrote: »
    I'd say bring it to a laptop repair shop and get a quote first. A similar thing happened to my brother's laptop and it cost about 80euro to fix. But his laptop was quite an expensive one so maybe yours would be a bit cheaper. Best thing to do is get a free quote! The other thing you could do is buy an external monitor. But that's just awkward and takes away from the idea of your laptop being portable
    Oh, that's not that expensive. I could manage that. Hopefully it would be a bit cheaper too. :) Thank you.
    You could plug it in to a monitor and use it that way or replace the screen. Here is a link to one that will fit http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-15-6-LED-Backlit-Laptop-Screen-Samsung-LTN156AT20-WXGA-HD-UK-/130922370704?pt=UK_Computing_Laptop_Screens_LCD_Panels&hash=item1e7b94d690
    Thanks! How do you know that screen will fit though? :)

Thanks! How do you know that screen will fit though? :)

Your laptop has a 15.6" screen they use a stranded 30 pin connection on almost all laptops if you are going to change the screen your self when you open it there will be a well known screen inside if you then check for that model number you can be 100% sure then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Thank you. I shall try that. Happy Christmas :)

Thank you. I shall try that. Happy Christmas :)

No problem hope you get sorted and just on an other note make sure to back up your college work on dropbox or something as you don't want to lose your work and i find that the safest way of backing up documents along with on a usb stick.

All the best and Happy Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 65,037 ✭✭✭✭unkel

if you are going to change the screen your self when you open it there will be a well known screen inside if you then check for that model number you can be 100% sure then.

That's much better advice than in your previous post :pac:

OP - be careful if you're going to change the screen yourself. It is easy to do damage. You might want to get a few quotes and let a pro do it if it is not too dear.

Advertisement