Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband/Internet Down

Options
  • 22-12-2013 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Everything was working perfectly this morning, but it's not working now. I got an upgraded Router a few weeks ago, so it's a brand new box, so that shouldn't be the problem. I have everything plugged in and there is power going through to the box. The only lights illuminated on the box are power, ethernet and wireless. DSL and Internet are NOT illuminated. So I can connect to the router, but the router obviously can't connect to the Internet and I can't figure out why! Can't get through to Eircom support either. They just keep putting me on hold :mad:

I've tried plugging the Ethernet cable into my laptop and that doesn't connect to the Internet either.... Please someone help! :) I really need this working by tomorrow!

I'm using my phone's data as a hotspot for my laptop at the moment, but the connections very slow haha

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

GlowStick wrote: »
    DSL and Internet are NOT illuminated. So I can connect to the router, but the router obviously can't connect to the Internet and I can't figure out why!

either the modem is faulty or eircom is "down".
    Have you reset the modem?
    Can you try the old modem instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭GlowStick

bealtine wrote: »
    either the modem is faulty or eircom is "down".
    Have you reset the modem?
    Can you try the old modem instead?

I've reset it twice and still nothing. The old modem is broken which is why it needed to be replaced. My neighbour has eircom broadband and hers is working, so I don't think eircom is down. I'll get onto them again early in the morning and hopefully get this sorted! :/ thanks

Advertisement