Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retrieve contacts on mobile phone

Options
  • 22-12-2013 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Mrs Finnegan appears to have losst all her contacts on the mobile phone. Does anybody know how she'd get them back?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Hi folks,

Mrs Finnegan appears to have losst all her contacts on the mobile phone. Does anybody know how she'd get them back?

O2 used to offer a back up service. Perhaps they have a backup?

If its a smart phone and its connected to a Google email (Especially a Blackberry or Adroid), the contacts may have gotten synced.

Ask the provider to email call/text history over the last year. May be able to work out some numbers.

I know the feeling. I had hundreds of contacts that just got wiped, and I constantly double back up things, just not my contacts.

Beyond that there isn't much you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭timfinnegan

Mr. G wrote: »
    O2 used to offer a back up service. Perhaps they have a backup?

If its a smart phone and its connected to a Google email (Especially a Blackberry or Adroid), the contacts may have gotten synced.

Ask the provider to email call/text history over the last year. May be able to work out some numbers.

I know the feeling. I had hundreds of contacts that just got wiped, and I constantly double back up things, just not my contacts.

Beyond that there isn't much you can do.

Thanks for the reply. It's not a smart phone and she hasn't synced or backed up the numbers.

Oh for the wisdom of hindsight. She's with Vodafone, so she's going to see if they can do anything for her.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What phone is it?

Where they all stored on the sim?

Did she change any settings around or before the time they went missing?
    You can change the settings to view only sim or phone memory, and then it would hide the contacts in this case but they are still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭timfinnegan

Davy wrote: »
    What phone is it?

Where they all stored on the sim?

Did she change any settings around or before the time they went missing?
    You can change the settings to view only sim or phone memory, and then it would hide the contacts in this case but they are still there.

Davy,

Thanks for the reply. Most of her contacts were on a SIM card, but she had some stored on her phone memory as well.

She was looking for a contact name, when she lost all the names, or in any case appears to have.

She's out with her mother doing some Christmas prep this evening, so I might check the settings on her phone tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.

Advertisement