Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pregnacare withdrawn from supermarket

Options
  • 22-12-2013 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hubby just went in to supermarket to get groceries.. when he got to counter the girl serving him said he couldn't buy 'pregnacare' as there was a EPW on it... she said it was 'emergency product withdrawal' but didn't give him any more detail.. I can't find anything online about it.. has anyone heard anything about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

MissFire wrote: »
    Hubby just went in to supermarket to get groceries.. when he got to counter the girl serving him said he couldn't buy 'pregnacare' as there was a EPW on it... she said it was 'emergency product withdrawal' but didn't give him any more detail.. I can't find anything online about it.. has anyone heard anything about this?

I got a box on wens in a pharmacy no problem anyway.
    Keep us posted if you hear more.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Go on to the imb website and it should tell you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭MissFire

lainycool wrote: »
    Go on to the imb website and it should tell you there.

Just had a look on there and nothing there either... it's bizarre..

Just had a look on there and nothing there either... it's bizarre..

If it's not on that website the girl obviously got that information wrong, I wouldn't worry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Why would they have it stocked on the shelves if they can't sell it?! :confused:

• Advertisement

Why would they have it stocked on the shelves if they can't sell it?! :confused:

That's what I asked himself... she just took the box off himself and said "there's a EPW on that..".. I'm going to go in myself after work and see what story is..

That's what I asked himself... she just took the box off himself and said "there's a EPW on that..".. I'm going to go in myself after work and see what story is..

I'm thinking maybe it was out of date and she noticed and just said it was withdrawn?
    Just to say I manage a health food store and we haven't been told to take it off.

I'm thinking maybe it was out of date and she noticed and just said it was withdrawn?
    Just to say I manage a health food store and we haven't been told to take it off.

Thanks lanycool.. that's good to know!

Thanks lanycool.. that's good to know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

I bought some in Boots this morning, all types still on the shelf

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I buy my vitamins with my food shopping but actually couldn't get pregnacare the last two times so I bought seven seas pregnancy vitamins instead! They seem to be the exact same but slightly cheaper! I tried to get the pregnancare ones on amazon as they are sooooo much cheaper but they won't deliver them to ireland :( parcel motel would work though :)

Millem wrote: »
    I buy my vitamins with my food shopping but actually couldn't get pregnacare the last two times so I bought seven seas pregnancy vitamins instead! They seem to be the exact same but slightly cheaper! I tried to get the pregnancare ones on amazon as they are sooooo much cheaper but they won't deliver them to ireland :( parcel motel would work though :)

I went to the chemist today after and asked there.. they said they'd heard nothing.. I bought the seven seas vitamins while I was there too.. but went to the supermarket on way home and looked.. they still on shelf there.. it was too busy to ask about it.. so just have to assume it was something to do with the certain packet hubby picked up being out of date or something... I dunno.. just weird.. going to try these seven seas ones now anyhow.. thanks everyone for the replies, and sorry if I worried anyone..

Good luck with rest of your pregnancies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭random10

Was this in tesco? I went to my local tesco about a month ago and at the till she scanned pregnacare and told me she couldn't sell it to me either, i thought it was the most bizarre thing

random10 wrote: »
    Was this in tesco? I went to my local tesco about a month ago and at the till she scanned pregnacare and told me she couldn't sell it to me either, i thought it was the most bizarre thing

Yeah it was...
    They still on the shelves in there.. very strange...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Sweet_pea

Why not email the store directly and ask them?

Advertisement