Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating included

Options
  • 22-12-2013 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I live in small studio flat. On my lease heating is included 365 days a year... I think is ridiculous- I moved in here in June.. In July in my place was 38 degrees - I turned off radiators but pipes go under the floor.
    Landlord set it up for 2 hours per day 7-8am and 6-7pm. Now during the winter is not enough..
    Its nice and worm for about 4 hours a day.. then everything is gone..
    Its 13 .5-13.8 degrees in the bathroom 11. And he doesnt want to put on extra hour or two during the day..
    What can I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭wench

Your landlord is not complying with the minimum standards for rented accommodation.
    You must have control of your own heating, one hour per night is ridiculous.

Details of the regulations are here:
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/renting_a_home/repairs_maintenance_and_minimum_physical_standards.html
    A fixed heating appliance in each room, which is capable of providing effective heating and which the tenant can control

Bring this to his attention, and if he won't sort it out, you can contact your local council for an inspection after which he will be ordered to comply.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Anaba

He told me that he will not put any time extra . He told me he can get me electric heater. but then I'll pay extra bills and already I'm paying €550 for a studio (where heating is included)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Move out then. The place is not up to standard for a rental property so seek to terminate the lease and find yourself somewhere that is up to code.

Advertisement