Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locked Mobile Phone

Options
  • 21-12-2013 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭

Bear with me for a minute. I know little or nothing about mobile phones other than they make and receive phone calls, and occasionally texting.
    I have a Nokia phone, I think it's a 6085 model. I've had it for years, and finally its worn out, literally, the casing has worn through.
    Anyways my sister gave me her equally old phone, a Nokia 3120, but its in better condition than my own.
    Problem is, its 'locked', and she does not remember the code. Is there any way to unlock this, or do I need to bring it to a Nokia shop.
    Once my SIM card is fitted, the phone asks for an unblocking code.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭partnership

It is locked to whatever provider she was with ie Vodafone. If she knows then she can contact them and they will give her the unlock code. Or you can change to that provider and it will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

It is locked to whatever provider she was with ie Vodafone. If she knows then she can contact them and they will give her the unlock code. Or you can change to that provider and it will work.

Thanks for the reply. I brought the phone into a Vodafone shop yesterday, and was told just that. Seemingly its an O2 phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Then your sis will have to contact O2 for the unlock code. Just be aware they won't talk to you as you don't own her number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

Then your sis will have to contact O2 for the unlock code. Just be aware they won't talk to you as you don't own her number.

She doesn't own the number either, as she lives in another country. I guess I'll soldier on with my old phone. It works fine, just is beginning to 'wear' away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

ebay, and you'll have the code in no time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement