Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ubuntu / Chromium - Adblock plus stopped working

Options
  • 21-12-2013 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place, but would appreciate any help..

As above, running Ubuntu with Chromium browser.

In the last few days Adblock plus stopped working - first on all sites, and now, after uninstalling, clearing all cookies and reinstalling it's only working on certain sites (boards being one that it's not working for!)

It's really distracting, having enjoyed an ad free experience to have flashing banners all over the shop, so I'd appreciate any advice :)

By the way, I switched to Chromuim after Firefox proved too much to handle for this crappy old netbook I have..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

You might have "Allow some non obtrusive ads" enabled ? Its enabled by default since a recent update....to put food into the children's mouths of some developers :) ...but you can turn it off in [URL="chrome-extension://cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb/options.html"]options[/URL]

https://adblockplus.org/en/acceptable-ads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Thanks stux, but no I haven't.. Another weird thing was that whenever I restated chromium, I had to download the Easylist and untick that unobtrusive ads box..

Anyway, over the weekend I decided to try running firefox again and it's running perfectly now, so problem (kinda) solved

Advertisement