Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

business comment on ratios

Options
  • 21-12-2013 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

hi, does anyone know what to say when they ask for comment on ratio?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Firstly, state the result i.e. the profit margin for 2011 was 60% meanwhile in 2012 this was 50%

Then, whether it has increased/decreased/improved etc ... this is a decrease of 10% and comment

For the last section, comment again by comparing the two figures, the impact it will have on the business and how you think they could solve this problem (if there is a problem!) i.e. again, this decrease would have a negative effect on the business. I believe that this should be reviewed and a solution implemented such as increasing product prices etc etc.

Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭doogybag

d1234 wrote: »
    Firstly, state the result i.e. the profit margin for 2011 was 60% meanwhile in 2012 this was 50%

Then, whether it has increased/decreased/improved etc ... this is a decrease of 10% and comment

For the last section, comment again by comparing the two figures, the impact it will have on the business and how you think they could solve this problem (if there is a problem!) i.e. again, this decrease would have a negative effect on the business. I believe that this should be reviewed and a solution implemented such as increasing product prices etc etc.

Good Luck!

ok thanks just where you said this is a decrease of 10% and comment ,what could you say there?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

This kinda overlaps with the third part a little - should have put that in!

Here is the answer to the 2013 question issued by the sec:

Leaving Certificate: Business – Higher Level 2013

(b) Comment on the liquidity position of Sentry Ltd:

Sentry Ltd has not managed to attain the recommended current ratio of 2:1.

Sentry Ltd is not liquid and is over trading i.e. it cannot pay its debts as they arise.

Sentry Ltd will have difficulty in raising cash quickly and paying its bills as they fall due.

Maintaining a healthy working capital is essential to a businesses’ cash flow.

However, this was not the case for Sentry Ltd with only €0.50 available to pay for every €1 of liabilities.

Advertisement