Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New labour pool open in Lourdes Hospital, Drogheda

Options
  • 20-12-2013 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Good news for Mums attending Drogheda. Their 3rd pool is now in operation (the other 2 are in the Midwife Led Unit). It's great to see more mums having access to warm water immersion in labour without having to be in the MLU. :D

Tracy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

SanFran07 wrote: »
    Good news for Mums attending Drogheda. Their 3rd pool is now in operation (the other 2 are in the Midwife Led Unit). It's great to see more mums having access to warm water immersion in labour without having to be in the MLU. :D

Tracy

So great!
    They must be way ahead with this? The only labour pool in Dublin is in the coombe I think? The rotunda one is in pre labour if a remember correctly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

liliq wrote: »
    So great!
    They must be way ahead with this? The only labour pool in Dublin is in the coombe I think? The rotunda one is in pre labour if a remember correctly!

I thought they tore the ones in the Rotunda out after the ceiling collapsed last year??

Do CUMH have labour pools?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

January wrote: »
    I thought they tore the ones in the Rotunda out after the ceiling collapsed last year??

Do CUMH have labour pools?

:eek:
    Our hospitals are so safe...

I think CUMH do have pools

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would have love the opportunity with my 1st to labour in water,2 and 3 were way too fast. I could not survive pregnancy with out a bath to relieve pain.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

When I was there in 2012 the Rotunda only had a bath in the annex (pre labour/early labour ward)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭SanFran07

The Coombe is the only Dublin hospital with a labour pool - the Rotunda removed their pool about 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭SanFran07

The official reason given for the removal of the Rotunda pool was that nobody was asking to use it - when Mums enquired further they were told their midwives were not trained in looking after a woman in the pool (but they could look after a woman in the bath next door..).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Cumh has at least one pool. Had a go in one myself.

Advertisement