Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic Telephony Question!

Options
  • 20-12-2013 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Im sure this is probably a very rudimentary question for users on this thread but as I am not in anyway skilled in comms I am clueless!!!

I work in a Drs surgery and we have a Panasonic Electronic Modular Switching System with 4 internal phones and 2 outside lines. The phone handset drives me CRAZY, the ringtone is so loud even on the low setting, also the answering machine that is hooked up to it is rubbish.

My question is: is it possible to put in one new handset on reception, an upgraded model, without interfering with the other phones/lines/switch?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭miami2007

anyone? maybe im on the wrong thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭STEINBERG

Sure if you are not happy with the phone buy a new one and just plug the thing in,,,,, it wont have any trouble with other phones /lines/switch........ as far as i am aware.......

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭miami2007

STEINBERG wrote: »
    Sure if you are not happy with the phone buy a new one and just plug the thing in,,,,, it wont have any trouble with other phones /lines/switch........ as far as i am aware.......

Really? Great I will - where would you buy? Don't mind using amazon etc but a shop would be better...

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

The ringtone should be adjustable on the side of the phone.
    Get the model number of the phone from underneath it and look it up on google or elsewhere to find out its features.

You could just swap the phone with a lesser used one from one of the other offices.

Also you can purchase answering machines now in most electrical shops.

Advertisement