Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re registration bans .

Options
  • 20-12-2013 11:49am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11

What proof does a mod have to show that you re registered ?
    The mod in this case just guessed that hbilly re registered as he entered the forum as a new user and had similar views to the banned poster hotbabe1992.

see below Quote:
    Originally Posted by hbilly View Post
    Passing the buck is what is done in Ireland you know that . I leave it to you as you are the expert .

Mods reply.
    When re-regging, taking up where your previous incarnation left off in the discussion makes things a little obvious. Continuing exactly the same behaviour as got you banned also leads to a ban in your new incarnation.
    Permabanned as rereg of hotbabe1992. Looking forward to serial incarnations of same.
    moderately,
    Scofflaw
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

There are various technical tools available to mods, and more to CMods and Admins to verify re-reg's. It's not based on guesswork.

Just looking now, I'm guessing you are hbilly (as well as hbilly1 and hbilly2). That said, I'm not convinced you were hotbabe1992, which is a pity, as this might have been cleared up had you not told an Admin to shove it up his hole. Also, using proxies is a Big Red Flag.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 johnlaw

Dades wrote: »
    There are various technical tools available to mods, and more to CMods and Admins to verify re-reg's. It's not based on guesswork.

Just looking now, I'm guessing you are hbilly (as well as hbilly1 and hbilly2). That said, I'm not convinced you were hotbabe1992, which is a pity, as this might have been cleared up had you not told an Admin to shove it up his hole. Also, using proxies is a Big Red Flag.

Unfortunatley I was not informed that it was a re reg by the mod just given a perma ban after 7 posts . How would you feel ?? The mod was guessing form his first post as you can see.
    I tried again to register hbilly1 and 2 to reply . I have deleted these accounts .
    Boards has many fanatic left misfits who seem to control the politics forum in league with the mods.How is it that Noidin and Oldhippy for example seem to get away with such fanatic left behaviour and ban baiting ?? Look at their posts .
    Why not have an unmoderated section seems to work on other forum sites.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

An unmoderated section sounds like a terrible idea, for many reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,846 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Are you more upset that he made it seem like he was guessing, or are you more upset that he was right in his assertion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Quick question to OP before this thread gets locked.

Are you re - reg yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

johnlaw wrote: »
    Why not have an unmoderated section seems to work on other forum sites.

Great idea,
    Why not start your own internet forum and fire away, that way when something happens and it goes legal you can be responsible.

Jarren wrote: »
    Quick question to OP before this thread gets locked.

NO .The reason I complained if I was a re reg what is the previous account ? I get accusasiations no proof.

Cabaal wrote: »
    Great idea,
    Why not start your own internet forum and fire away, that way when something happens and it goes legal you can be responsible.

Any legal action against me would be futile and a waste of money . I am on long term welfare and can get legal aid which would take 2 years before it even enters a court.

You have some examples of court actions taken against Boards.ie

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,712 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Any legal action against me would be futile and a waste of money . I am on long term welfare and can get legal aid which would take 2 years before it even enters a court.

I'm willing to bet you your dole payments for the rest of your life that suing you would not be futile nor a waste of money. :)
    Boards has many fanatic left misfits who seem to control the politics forum in league with the mods.
    Thus, of course, it is your God-given right to balance the equation by being a fanatic right misfit?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

NO .The reason I complained if I was a re reg what is the previous account ? I get accusasiations no proof.

By giving proof, we would be giving away our methods and techniques. ;)

Suffice to say that the vast majority of re-regs tend to be blatantly obvious.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

From what I have heard, they could paper the walls of boards hq with legal threats.

Far from being isolated, it is a common thing for boards to be legally threatened for what regular posters have said here.

If you are so brave, set up your own website and say whatever you like. But here, boards house, boards rules.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I tried again to register hbilly1 and 2 to reply.
    Jarren wrote: »
    NO.

By your own admission here on this thread, you re-reg'd as "hbilly1 and 2," and now obviously "johnlaw." That's at least 3 re-regs, and 4 if you also used "hbilly" before "hbilly 1 and 2."

The mod that banned you was following the guidelines in the Politics charter, as well as those guidelines found in both the boards.ie FAQ and Terms of Use.
    Dr Galen wrote: »
    6. Duplicate Accounts

Any user suspected by the moderators of using a duplicate account on politics will have the duplicate account(s) and their original account banned permanently from the forum. The moderators may also petition the admins to ban the duplicate accounts and original account from boards permanently as well.

From boards.ie FAQ:
    Duplicate accounts are not permitted

From boards.ie Terms of Use:
    You will not create more than one personal profile.

johnlaw is not using a proxy the other hbilly accounts are closed unless you have a reason to keep them open ??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

johnlaw is not using a proxy the other hbilly accounts are closed unless you have a reason to keep them open ??

And I suppose johnlaw is not using a disposable e-mail address either?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Cabaal wrote: »
    Great idea,

The point you're missing is that any legal action taken against Boards would have to be defended - they don't have the luxury of just ignoring it or using state funds.

The reason you don't see Boards in court is because the team of volunteers here do a great job of ensuring stuff that would get us there is removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

OP is a rereg (shocker). Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement