Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefly Phone, IMEI Number Problem

Options
  • 19-12-2013 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

Bought one of these phones from Lidl about 3 years for €20.00, it has an o2 sticker on it sealing the box that states "€5 call credit included" and inside there is an o2 SIM card.

Haven't put the SIM card into the phone yet as it will have small usage and was looking for costs involved in sticking with o2

As its for a child that wont use it regularly I was looking for a call deal that the credit wouldnt expire after 30 days - that would be a waste of cash.

I contacted o2 and they told me to apply for an unlocking code (I'm assuming the Firefly is locked to the o2 network (though maybe not))

Gave them the IMEI number of the phone that is inside the phone and today they sent me back a message as follows -

O2 have no record of IMEI XXX898XXX459XXX on file. Verify your O2 IMEI by
    dialling *#06# on the device to be unlocked and log a new request.

If your device is locked to another network, you must contact that network
    operator to obtain a network unlock code.

If you ever need to network unlock another O2 device then you can submit
    the unlock request online.

I cannot do *#06# on the device as its a firefly and doesn't have a keypad.

I dont doubt that they have been given the correct IMEI number but can anyone tell me if they don't have this number on file does that mean it is an unlocked phone and I can use any network with their SIM card of my choosing?????

Thanks for all help in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Phone is like this -

a.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Have you tried another sim to see if its actually locked to the 02 network?doesn't sound like it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Have you tried another sim to see if its actually locked to the 02 network?doesn't sound like it is.

Thanks Simon, no, not yet, will pick one up in Tesco or wherever to see if it works

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭SATNAV

Hi Vic

All fire fly phones are sim free as far as I can remember, The deal was a free 02 sim but the devices are sim free .Best of luck with the phone

Advertisement