Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help finding a property

Options
  • 19-12-2013 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi guys
    Just wondering if ok missing any other search areas.. We are mortgage approved but there are no houses in the areas we are looking in. Can anyone tell me if my home and daft are the only directories to search listings?? Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,436 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Marchbride wrote: »
    Hi guys
    Just wondering if ok missing any other search areas.. We are mortgage approved but there are no houses in the areas we are looking in. Can anyone tell me if my home and daft are the only directories to search listings?? Thank you
    Pretty much, what area are you looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Marchbride

ted1 wrote: »
    Pretty much, what area are you looking at?

We're looking at area stretching artane Beaumont Santry glasnevin just nothing there at the moment and the ones actually listed are sold when we enquire but they're still listed for sale. Just think its mad that there's nothing out there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

We're looking at area stretching artane Beaumont Santry glasnevin just nothing there at the moment and the ones actually listed are sold when we enquire but they're still listed for sale. Just think its mad that there's nothing out there

There's not a lot out there. People in Negative Equity aren't selling and people in really bad Mortgage Arrears are not getting their houses repossessed because the Govt knows this will bring property down to their true value. There are 100's of people not paying their mortgages who are living for free.

Hold out for a while longer and you may see more and more properties coming on the market and hopefully prices will stop going up.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Marchbride

Thank you Lima :) yep have to agree there and then the ones that are available are being snapped up by cash buyers!! We bid on a house and lost it for 6k less than our bid as the lower bidder was a cash buyer so it could be sealed before Xmas :( we were gutted!! But what's meant for us won't pass us by !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,436 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Lack if supply is also driving the price up. Spring should see more houses for sale, people don't like selling over Christmas or during school year

• Advertisement
Advertisement