Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to emobile

Options
  • 19-12-2013 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm thinking of switching to emobile (€24/month offer) bill pay.
    I was on vodafone PAYG but the emobile offer seems good.

I've never paid much heed to the different packages with Vodafone or the other providers but is there any reason that I shouldn't switch to emobile.

Basically what I'm asking, is emobile up to scratch, is the service similar to vodafone? or Is emobile any good? Have I missed anything?

Thanks

Good One

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭MagicBusDriver1

The network is not as good as Vodafone. There is a reason they are cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

I switched from voda to emobile 6 months ago,was getting unlimited calls,texts & internet for €32, switched to 4g and now have unlimited calls,texts and 5gb of internet a month.
    haven't regretted changing,do get the odd missed call as the signal isn't as strong with emobile,but tbf don't think any of the networks have a patch on Vodafone regarding network coverage.
    the emobile €24 deal is a no brainer compared to vodafones payg deals

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Galway

The network is not as good as Vodafone. There is a reason they are cheaper.

That is rubbish. Vodafone cannot even provide a decent 3G signal at mine - emobile can though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jokers

Do not go near emobile. I made the mistake of moving from Vodafone to emobile at the end of November and couldn't get any coverage in my area after being told that I could. Anyway no problem these things happen so I was allowed to cancel and I tried to port my number back to Vodafone and that's when the fun began. I spent a month trying to get my number back which seemed beyond anyone in emobile. I was eventually forced to get a new number from Vodafone. :mad:

I haven't had one cause for complaint after 17 years with Vodafone and after 5 weeks with emobile I was fit to shoot someone. Do not go near emobile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭V.W.L 11

I'm on eMobile €24 P/M its a 2 year contract

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

I have eMobile and it's fine. Same network as Meteor. I'd check out coverage in your area with PAYG before you change.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

TBi wrote: »
    I have eMobile and it's fine. Same network as Meteor. I'd check out coverage in your area with PAYG before you change.

+1. I find eMobile very good all over the country apart from parts of Connaught, which was ok for calls, but not great for data. That would have been 2 years ago, so it may have changed since. €24/month is a brilliant deal which I am changing to myself next week.

Advertisement