Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fraud

Options
  • 19-12-2013 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

I have recently arrived back from being abroad for the last 2 years. Upon returning I went to claim social welfare as I am seeking work and the household in which I live has no income due to my parents illness. I was waiting 3 weeks until I was requested attendance at my local office. I met with an official in an interview room where they asked where I was? what I was doing over there? and to sign my signature on a blank sheet of paper. They said that it is different to the signature I previously used on the casual dockets from my previous claim. I said that I have changed my signature and showed her my old signature and she was still unconvinced. They requested my flights out of the country from 2011 and the flights into the country along with my bank accounts both here and abroad.

I went to hand this information in today and when I handed them in I casually asked when my claim would be processed. They said the official is now on leave and will be back in January. I asked why it will take so long to process a dole payment and she said well there is an investigation into fraud on your last claim in 2011. She would not elaborate on this but I'm thinking if my signature is different maybe someone was/tried signing my casual dockets and cashing them in. However I had my welfare card/ID with me abroad so of this person was successful then I don't think its my fault bar the fact they got a hold of my casual dockets.

This situation now means I will be in the country at least 7 weeks before my claim is even assessed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You can go to the CWO for a payment until this is sorted out, but as most claims are around 9 weeks and you haven't been in the country, it could be north of 3 months before you get a payment.

I would just make it clear to the office that you will supply everything they need as quickly as possible so they can complete their investigation as it is in you interests.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

However I had my welfare card/ID with me abroad so of this person was successful then I don't think its my fault bar the fact they got a hold of my casual dockets.

If you signed off before you went abroad then this couldn't happen.

Advertisement