Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are landlords responsible for what is downloaded on wifi?

Options
  • 19-12-2013 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

I'm considering putting wifi into my property which is divided into several flats. The wifi would be made available to all tenants. It would just be standard internet like UPC or Imagine. My question is, will I be responsible for what is downloaded on this?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Individual service providers will have their own conditions of use, which will spell out rights and responsibilities of subscribers.

You need copies of the terms and conditions from different providers- to find conditions most conducive to what you're suggesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Yes you can be held responsible. The advise is not to do it. The chances are you are also breaking the deal with the supplier. You are offering a service commercially but probably on a residential plan.

Advertisement