Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prince II certification

Options
  • 19-12-2013 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi there

I am being sent on a week’s long course in March next year with my job – Prince II Foundation and Certification. Any have any opinions on this course and also how ‘difficult’ it is? Bit worried about trying to pass this in a week with no time for study!

Maura

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

It's a good course, fairly straight forward.

Completed it myself a few years back and the exam was open book. Pay attention during the course, review your notes that evening and you'll do grand.

I found it easier to complete the foundation course first, take a break for a short while and then complete the practitioner.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I did the foundation and practitioner in the one week like you.

Just pay attention in class and study, and you should be fine.

The pass rates for both foundation and practitioner are very high

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Pay attention to the example questions given during the course. Most of them are on the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭mauraf

Thanks for all the replies!
    I have been studying for the Foundation element - and am managing to get 70-79% on the sample exams.....
    Dont think there is much I can do on the Practioner stuff yet until I master the Foundation....

Would going into the course /exams with the above 70-79% 'grasp', get me through them? Just conscious my time for study during the course week may be limited....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

mauraf wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies!
    I have been studying for the Foundation element - and am managing to get 70-79% on the sample exams.....
    Dont think there is much I can do on the Practioner stuff yet until I master the Foundation....

Would going into the course /exams with the above 70-79% 'grasp', get me through them? Just conscious my time for study during the course week may be limited....

The failure rate in the course is quite low tbh, its one of the easier exams I have ever done. You don't sound like the type who will have no problem with it, since you have already started off your own bat. The 2 people who failed in my class of 25 you could have picked out within 30 minutes of starting.

Edit: Might as well point out I didn't open the book once at home for the week. But I have a decent short term memory.

• Advertisement
Advertisement